Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied from an email I received.

Whether you are old enough or not to remember this song or not, you will be mesmerized by this video.
I never knew American Pie had so many references.

"American Pie" was the name of the plane that Buddy Holly went down in.

I have listened to the words to American Pie for many years and I thought I understood everything that was being sung.

However, when the words are put together with pictures and film clips the song takes on a new meaning.

It took a lot of thought to produce this. Sure brings back lots of memories.

It makes the lyrics really come alive!! This is very well done.

See video here: http://youtu.be/VhX3b1h7GQw

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
so Cool............... Thanks!

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
My life flashed before my eyes with that one. '52 - '55 were my high school years and I remember sock hops in the gym, crinoline petticoats, poodle skirts, chinos, nylons and garter belts, drive-in movies (aka passion pits / finger bowls), and the birth of Rock & Roll with Bill Haley and the Comets and the Crewcuts, etc., and wonderful etc.. What a great time that was to come of age. Those truly were the Happy Days of my life for me.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Actually, that plane was not named American Pie...it had numbers only. Great song, MANY symbolism's.

American Pie

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
Actually, that plane was not named American Pie...it had numbers only. Great song, MANY symbolism's
Yeah but how would it sound to sing "Bye Bye 7932N?" :wink

·
Registered
141 Posts
That brings up some memories for me too. My first girlfriend, first year of High school. She loved Don and his music and he came to Houston and played at Jones hall of all places. We had good seats up front, but it was easy to see and hear everything that went on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts