Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Victory XC and have been looking at a used one that's online. My only problem is that I don't like the look of the crash bars (I think that's what they are) and was wondering if they can be removed and regular tubular crash bars can be installed.

Thanks for any information...

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
You may want to put the forged bars up for sale as many Cross bike owners like the forged bar look.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
you may be able to trade for the round ones also, i did, not a huge fan of the forged bars myself either. there is always people looking for the forged though

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
May want to give AZ Victory in Tucson a call. They did have a bunch of them (round bars) because they convert most police bikes to forged bars when they build them. Don't know what they get for them now but they were cheaper there than Ebay last year and they were brand new, no miles.

That is where the wife and I got ours.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. The Tuson dealership is one of the ones I've been looking at. Based on what I'm see for sale here in the PNW that is used, I may have to do a fly and ride. Hmmmm. Actually, that doesn't sound to bad to me. A new bike and a reason to do some riding.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
100 Posts
The forged bars were my least favorite thing about my XC, but as time went on they kinda grew on me. Give them some time, you might end up liking them.

You can fit the larger soft covers on them for more wind coverage in colder temps.
There are more options to mount foot pegs, wind deflectors, and running lights, and they
look better with the pre-drilled holes.
The top covers can be painted or swapped for chrome ones.

Part of the unique look of the bike I think. Anybody can have plain round bars. ;o)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only XC I've seen up close have been the tour and 8 Ball. I might have to see one close up to really tell if I'm gonna like the look or not. I did see a picture of an 2012 XC that had highway pegs installed but the picture wasn't good enough to really tell how it looked.

The first thing is to find a used one. There aren't many of them out there to be had. Plenty of the 8 Ball models, but I need the cruise control...

·
Registered
66 Posts
....My only problem is that I don't like the look of the crash bars (I think that's what they are) and was wondering if they can be removed and regular tubular crash bars can be installed.

Thanks for any information...

Jim
:eek: Blasphemy! ha ha.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
-LOL- I guess that's my flaw... I've only found one bike that there wasn't something I didn't like. The one I found was used and set-up exactly like I wanted it. Well, not exactly, but that's what they have aftermarket for...

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
The first thing is to find a used one. There aren't many of them out there to be had. Plenty of the 8 Ball models, but I need the cruise control...
Call Victory of Mesa
http://victoryofmesa.com/

Last time I was in there they had a slew of used Cross Country's. There was one that had a bunch of stuff already added and the thrush mod as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts