1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an addiction...

Bell RS-1 Steam Punk

Transitions shield

Bell Revolver (I always need to have a good modular around)

S&S "Bikes are in my blood" lid for fun, and the intake design is obviously from the Vmax that I'm about to pick up

S&S "My motorcycle is my weapon" for fun

Plus a tinted shield for the S&S helmets.

Brian Van seems to think these S&S are pretty good lids, so I figured I'd just go for it. We'll see.

Thanks to Jason as always for making it super easy, and killer prices too! And now the wait begins....

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
As it turns out I have a Bell Star Carbon Speed Freak on the way. I tend to change helmets about every four to five years. I've had a Shoei and several Arai's but thought I'd try a Bell for a change. Tried it on at the Long Beach show and was impressed with the comfort and light weight. Just hope its quiet also, we'll see.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, my plan was to a buy a Bell Star (Hess design) but after talking to Jason, it wouldn't have fit me like my Shoei RF1100, but the RS1 is supposed to. So I have to make a small change there.

You'll love your Star, super high end, and it's supposed to flow a LOT of air too.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Nice helmets but I have to comment about the abbreviation. OMG?!? I'm pretty sure you aren't a teenage girl that has created a motorcycle persona but I'm wrong just as often as right.

Kidding of course!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Love the steampunk design... I had one for a couple days but unfortunately it didn't fit my head right. Had to exchange it for an agv grid, which fits pefectly! Still not as cool as the steampunk, but its got an evil Darth Vader thing going for it...

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Love the steampunk design... I had one for a couple days but unfortunately it didn't fit my head right. Had to exchange it for an agv grid, which fits pefectly! Still not as cool as the steampunk, but its got an evil Darth Vader thing going for it...
I bought my wife an AGV helmet once long ago. When we went to get it out of the closet in the spring, all the graphics had peeled up on it. Not a huge ordeal, I scraped them off and she had a nice black helmet, but I haven't had a helmet do that before or since.

I used to love AGV gloves. An XL fit me...well, like a glove. The last pair I bought online had much longer fingers. I sold them to a long fellow at work. I think they started outsourcing the manufacture of such apparel too.

Even so, I still really like this jacket of their's:

http://www.compacc.com/p/AGV-Sport-Dragon-Leather-Jackets

This year they finally added some ventilation (and price). Still, the vents are too small.

Contrast that with this one from Victory, they know how to ventilate a jacket:

http://motoworldracing.com/i-7248723-victory-motorcycle-stealth-jacket.html

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hopefully I will fare better with this helmet, but i am going to keep a close eye on it. To your point, I was surprised to find a label that said "assembled in china" so I do have some concerns about longevity. Time will tell.

The fit and comfort are unlike helmets I have worn in the past so I'm not giving up on it unless it suffers a failure.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bandit, that Bell RS-1 Steam Punk is sick bro. Love the transition visor as well, can you let me know how well that works?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll be happy to.
Thank you sir. I'm really interested to see if reaches the dark level of normal dark visors. In the market for a new lid, and am not really a fan of the inside flip down visors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks man, exactly what I needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts