Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so happy to be back on this forum. I could not re establish my old account name of wesdalton, But I am glad to be back just the same. Much has happened since I was here, dealing with the state of Utah and crashing, back surgery,and a new knee. I am back. For the last several years I have been not able to ride,but that didn't stop me from tweaking the XC. I am so sad that polaris quit on Victory. That being said, I have looked at the Indians, they don't deserve to build a copy cat with that name. I have had alot of time to consider my riding preferences in the future. I know I will not purchase anything from the give up company of Polaris. I have purchased what ever parts that I think I may need for the duration of my time to ride. I now have 30,000 miles on the Vic and have bought a total of parts including,"Oil, filters,
tires, two spark plugs and a whole lot of trouble free riding. I turned 70 last month, so I am sure the Vic will need much less that I will to survive. In the time that I could let Polaris what I think of them, I have purchased two atv's one side by side and two new snowmobiles. All from a company that treats their customers as a life time buyer of their products. Bombardier, the parent company of CAN-AM atv and utv.
Ski-Doo Snowmobiles and many large industrial equipment. My first purchase of a Bombardier product was a 1966 Ski Doo. They have never changed their loyalty to their customers. Polaris in my opinion may as well get out of the motorcycle business. All along they wanted to be completion to Harley. I can't believe they were so stupid to try and beat them at the game that Harley has owned for many years. If they would have stayed to building something better quality, performance and reliability, they would have succeeded. They wanted all Indian Dealers to be exclusive to Indian. Good luck with that. The first Indian dealer in my state was a very successful Harley dealer. They built a completely new and different building for Indian. Guess what shortly after that they were intelligent enough to dump POLARIS. Now the local Indian dealer sells several different brands of motorcycles. I guess that Polaris has ate a little crow not only in my area. They deserve what they get. If I am lucky enough to outlast my Vic, unless there is a new American Motorcycle, May be a Honda will be in my future.

Thanks for listing to my rambling. And in closing,"POLARIS SUCKS"

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome Back Larry from Elmvale ON Canada....

Your sentiments have been echo'd over and over here...think we all feel the same about Polaris....but unfortunately it is what it is.....I do would not be running out to purchase any other of their products other than what i need to keep my 2010 CC riding along...as part of the Legend 8)

TTWFO!!!

Rob

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome back.

Has anyone tried to help you get your wesdalton account back?

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Hi there and a warm and fuzzy welcome. The two of us have gone through a major transformation and have that in common. I was having hip and leg prob's and could no longer ride a two wheeler, so I graduated to 3 wheels with a Spyder F3 Limited. Then they determined I had osteoarthritis and I will be getting a total hip replacement. But I don't regret moving to the Spyder, except the learning curve is a bitch, too many synapses wired for leaning in curves.
Good to have you back, whatever your name is. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts