Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be sure to click on the link to see and hear it run plus more pics and info. Would have been better if the music was turned down but oh well.

The Latest From Indian Motorcycle. The Black Bullet Scout. Soon To Race At The Bonneville Salts.

Published by Cyril Huze July 13th, 2015 in Builders, Customs, Editorial and Videos.
I say it right away. On the top of my list of the most beautiful custom motorcycles I have seen so far in 2015. This custom Indian Scout was built by Jeb Scolman, the same hot-rod artisan builder responsible for the Spirit of Munro that was built to celebrate the launch of the ThunderStroke111 in 2014. Indian Motorcycle gave to Jeb a new 2015 Indian Scout engine with the simple instruction to build what he wanted to out of it.
Admire Jeb’s absolutely flawless 100% hand-made metalwork inspired by the designs of pure speed motorcycles from the late 50’s and early 60’s with the most minimal frame possible and a fork mounted bullet fairing for a silhouette that took to land speed and drag racing tracks across the country.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
It is a work of art but I can't imagine a bike in a ridged frame actually going fast at Bonneville. He will get some suspension from the pre failed (bent) rear frame tubes but not likely enough to actually keep the rear tire in contact with the salt at speed.

Having the rear tire that close to the rear fender also means he isn't going anywhere at any speed that would get any record in the books.

Too bad Polaris didn't repurpose the pikes peak bike for the salt flats.
A new swingarm and probably some different tuning and it would at least look the part of a serious Bonneville race bike. If it would stay together with the throttle pegged for 12miles there is always a chance it could win something too.

This is beautiful bike and it is probably a blast to ride on the street but it will probably not do very well on the salt. To bad too. Polaris is missing a great opportunity to compete in something that it can win.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts