Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you have ever gone down and been pinned by a large bike with a hot motor laying on one of you legs because the tubular crash bar crumpled, you might not think the way you're thinking. I LOVE the forged aluminum guards.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'd be willing to be you could find someone who'd be willing to swap their tubed plus cash for your forged. I have the forged on my XR and love them!

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
If you have ever gone down and been pinned by a large bike with a hot motor laying on one of you legs because the tubular crash bar crumpled, you might not think the way you're thinking. I LOVE the forged aluminum guards.
Gotta tell you, the tubular crash bars did their job just fine. Nothing on the bike touched me in this event. thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be willing to be you could find someone who'd be willing to swap their tubed plus cash for your forged. I have the forged on my XR and love them!
That looks awesome on your bike! I had always thought that you couldn't interchange them until I saw a XR with them on. It def gives a new dimension to that bike. Again, great looking bike you have there!

·
Registered
289 Posts
well
i would suggest the following:
1. better harness treatment on the bars
2. better service treatment on the "stuff" behind the rear cylinder - i bought a plate i saw from a post here...but got concerned about the heat build up so took it off (it's hot down here)
3.a little cargo space in the faring...not a lot mind you...but something for say...a garage door opener
4. and someone with a straight answer and fix for the little cough i get when i bump the throttle at rolling stops...this is my main irritant..the best explanation so far is from a post here that says the injection controller interprets this as infinite revs and kicks in the rev limiter for a second or so....
5. better speakers.
6. side stand kill - this because it would allow me to alternate between the switches for wear and tear and as a "screwup" preventer.
7. rather that a battery voltage instrument i would rather have oil pressure and or temp...in that order
8. a little something for the mirror shake i get in the right mirror...not much ...but...this is a wish list.
9. pehaps some vents for the bags...down here you can cook hot dogs in them after a few miles in the summer...

all in all however....i am really pleased with the machine and hope to keep her a good while...

ps...don't care about the buffet...cause i don't get it...likely cause i wear a rag.

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
Even though the hard saddlebags are larger than average; I'd like to see them use the entire space available. Currently there's quite a bit of space at the back of the bags above the exhaust tips that isn't being utilized.

Some heat shielding under the bags would also be a good idea since they are wrap around the pipe type bags. We can do this ourselves though by getting the heat shield tape from the auto parts store for under the bags and some heat shielding for inside the bottom of the bags.

·
Registered
693 Posts
That looks awesome on your bike! I had always thought that you couldn't interchange them until I saw a XR with them on. It def gives a new dimension to that bike. Again, great looking bike you have there!
Thanks! It definetly garners it's fair share of looks, but I really like the way they ended up looking on it. I was a bit hesitant at first...but no regrets now. Cryti laughs because regular bars are just "never enough for me" she said. I had some Hepco & Beckers I imported from Germany on my Meanie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts