Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 Vegas had the Vic Performance one piece exhaust on it when I bought it. I don't have an issue with it, other than the fact that it's one solid piece. This makes it a real PITA to do things like remove the rear axle (tire replacement), replace the front sprocket, and anything else that involves moving the exhaust.

There are no detachable joints in the exhaust. It's all welded up solid, and both pipes are connected to each other via a welded plate, so you can't separate the front and rear pipe.

Those of you who have messed with these before: how do you peacefully remove this exhaust without damaging anything else? It's not like the pipes are just going to magically bend themselves in opposite directions away from the heads when you unbolt them....

Last night, I managed to remove the rear wheel by disconnecting the shock and links, and then jack up the rear wheel far enough to get the axle to come out over top of the mufflers, but it got me thinking that surely there has to be a way to remove this exhaust peacefully.

Thoughts?

·
13,247 Posts
Guess I'm to late but put the axle in from the other side.
Your like every one ells unhook shock jack up bike. You all most never have to go into the front sprocket cover.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I'm to late but put the axle in from the other side.
Your like every one ells unhook shock jack up bike. You all most never have to go into the front sprocket cover.
I had to replace the front sprocket back in July. I was able to get enough wiggle room in the exhaust to get the big socket on the nut to torque the new sprocket on. It was a 1 hour job, with an additional 3 hours of dealing with the exhaust added onto it. I was contemplating reassembling the bike axle in the opposite direction. Your suggestion reinforces my thoughs on that matter.

Vicbuilder, thanks for the pic. They do look like the same pipes that I have. I'll take another look at it tonight. The bike is still torn apart and lifted because I had a new tire mounted on the rear wheel today, so it should be easier to get an excellent view before putting it back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts