Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just thought I'd share my solution to the 'where to put the damn inspection sticker" problem. I am doing a complete refresh on my '05 Kingpin that I bought this summer. Because I'm mounting the Vic luggage rack I needed to go back to the OEM license bracket. Polished the front of the bracket and then did a brush finish on the back. Was happy the bracket no longer looked like a pie tin that someone took some tinsnips to. But then realized with the luggage rack theres no room above the bracket for the my typical inspection tag holder. To mount it along side the plate, I cut down the aluminum tag holder so it was about the same width as the license plate is tall. I originally thought I would just mount it to the license bracket using an existing bolt hole but discovered it would interfere with other stuff. So after a few trials and errors, I riveted the tag holder to the license bracket. Here's pics of the front and the back. I think it will end up looking pretty good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I've had 8 bikes since I was 15 and lived in Houston the whole time. Am now 56 and on every bike I've always put the inspection sticker on the inside of one of the side covers. I know the law states that it has to be visual from the rear of the bike. I've been pulled over several times and have been issued a few tickets for speeding. Not one cop has given me a ticket for the inspection sticker. I suppose there are a few hard-asses out there that will but that has been my experience.

I have my current inspection sticker on the inside of my saddlebags.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That looks great!
I believe Texas is going to delete inspection stickers next year. Still have to get it inspected tho. Don't know the details yet, but it has to be inspected before you can get your license plate renewal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts