Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow victory owners. I am proud owner of a 2008 Hammer. I recently attempted to purchased a $50 cam cover from victoryonly.Com. I contacted Jason from the company who assisted me in the proccess. I paid for the the item but never received it. Through several back and forth email conversation with Jason and Victoryonly.com the issue was never resolved and was basically told by Jason that he would allow me to take 50 percent off my next purchase. Never the less I ended up cutting my loses with Victoryonly.com. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I never had any issues with large companies like Arlen Ness or Polaris. I would recommend making every attempt to stay with bigger companies. The bigger companies are willing to ensure you get your product.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Its not only big companies nupe.
I have been well treated by Witcghdoctors, Kewl Metal, the Vic Shop, Digital Guard Dawg, Honda East Toledo and my local dealer. An issue with a particular small company is no reason to condemn them all.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
If it happen like you said, I'd do what ever I could to get my money back. Even 20 bucks, things aren't like they used to be. Seems like nowadays everyone needs to be aware that we could get screwed at any time...:confused::)

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
If it happen like you said, I'd do what ever I could to get my money back. Even 20 bucks, things aren't like they used to be. Seems like nowadays everyone needs to be aware that we could get screwed at any time...:confused::)
Paypal and credit cards both have processes to deal with such incidents. No joy with the vendor equals a call to the payment middleman and then to the BBB...

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Customers with a legitimate concerns shouldn't be passed around, Businesses that do these things are just trying to ware us down to where we just let it go. We've all gotten jiped sometime in life, If your ok with the deal Nupe cool..:) but that would be unaccepitable to me....:)

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
By not getting your money back, you've effectively told them it's OK to do that.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Paypal and credit cards both have processes to deal with such incidents. No joy with the vendor equals a call to the payment middleman and then to the BBB...
I agree with SB ... Wait , what did I just say ?:confused::ltr: Paypal is the only way I buy stuff online , you don't take Paypal , I cant buy anything from you . ONE EXCEPTION: Lloyds . You have an issue , you get your money BACK .thumb up Personally , I have been treated very well by Victoryonly , and have bought from them many times . I believe the OP may have an issue with them but there has to be more to the story . Maybe .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The worst part about it was I went back and forth with victoryonly via email (20 plus mails later) for a $50 discontinued product. You think they would want to keep your business and send me another item without hassle. It is true that some company are the same way however the good companies are willing to "make it right". That's what separates the good one from the bad.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
The worst part about it was I went back and forth with victoryonly via email (20 plus mails later) for a $50 discontinued product. You think they would want to keep your business and send me another item without hassle. It is true that some company are the same way however the good companies are willing to "make it right". That's what separates the good one from the bad.
I don't understand , if they couldn't supply the item , why didn't they just refund your money or at least a $50.00 credit to put towards something else .... That's the way it works .:crzy:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nupe , did you join here just to vent this frustration ? Just asking . Most guys introduce themselves in their first post , before they start bashing on folks .... Just saying . By the way , Welcome to the Forum ...

·
13,247 Posts
go to face book every day and post something on there page maybe you'll get a answer

·
Registered
938 Posts
This is probably irrevlant but I have used them once and had no problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I did not post to just vent. I just wanted my fellow victory owners who shop online to use caution. I appreciate sites like this and I'm an avid rider. Thanks for support.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I've bought from Victoryonly.com, never a problem for me. If I understand correctly, the OP ordered an item online, the item is discontinued so the vendor is giving credit for the item. No refund but credit. Is this correct?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The item was on clearance and is discontinued. However they had a few extra that they were offering at a discount price. I ordered it and never received the item.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Did VicOnly say they had shipped the item ? Lost by the shipper maybe ? You don't give much info ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Still not sure why this wasn't just a call to the credit card company.

"Hi, I ordered this item and the seller never sent it." Very easy dispute for any credit card bank to handle, run of the mill ordinary scenario for them to resolve.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Still not sure why this wasn't just a call to the credit card company.

"Hi, I ordered this item and the seller never sent it." Very easy dispute for any credit card bank to handle, run of the mill ordinary scenario for them to resolve.
Agree, I had a problem with a online vendor (non MC stuff). Credit card company refunded my money with no issues.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Victory only has taken care of me many times and other that having to wIt several months for my smooth spiked hAnd grips and pegs I have had zero issues. I just can't see a scenario where VO would do this. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I just can't imagine it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the heads up... had been looking to spend a large amount of money there to have something sent a rather rlong distance. Back to the drawing board!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts