Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only a Biker would understand why the wife and I were thrilled to take a 200mile round trip on our bikes just to buy a $5 set of blindspot mirrors for her new XC :)

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little more to the story, the place we rode to was Iron Pony Motorsports. For those that do not know this place, it is a motorcycle SUPERSTORE. They have anything and everything under the sun for motorcycles. It is as big if not bigger than a Walmart Superstore.

We went to get those $5 blindspot mirrors and managed to get out of the store only spending $200:cool: Got some new summer helmets:crzy:

You get a "FREE" tshirt when you spend $150 or more. Sadly we have enough "FREE" tshirts over the years to open a booth at a Flea Market selling tshirts LOL

·
Registered
130 Posts
So you had a REASON...... pretty soon, you won't even need an excuse!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've gone almost 600 miles round trip for a burger. At least you got something for the bike.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
LD, do you know you have a Packard museum in downtown Dayton? Its in an old Packard dealership that's just like it was in the 20s. A great trip back in time.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've gone almost 600 miles round trip for a burger. At least you got something for the bike.
We do that too, there is a place over in Indianna that has a Killer steak Hoagie. We dream of it over the winter. About 4 hours to get the killer sandwhich lol

So you had a REASON...... pretty soon, you won't even need an excuse!
Yes we had a reason but we don't always need it. We often go on a "Get Lost" trip and have fun getting lost and then finding our way back LOL

She still wants some more saddle time on her new XC before we hit anything too technical lol

LD, do you know you have a Packard museum in downtown Dayton? Its in an old Packard dealership that's just like it was in the 20s. A great trip back in time.
We came to the Dayton area in 1977 and minus my time in the AF I have been around this area. I did not know of this museum. We will have to check that out, I love anything mechanical, cars, bikes, big machines its all cool

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
You're gonna love that Packard museum. There's the art deco showroom with a black and white ceramic tile floor, the shop as it was way back when, and a parts department with vintage goodies. Then there's many Packards you've never seen before. And its all free!

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Only a Biker would understand why the wife and I were thrilled to take a 200mile round trip on our bikes just to buy a $5 set of blindspot mirrors for her new XC :)
I love that kind of ride, congratulations to you both.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I am most assuredly NOT a biker. I am a motorcyclist or a rider and I do get it.
Do you drink soda or pop? Wear tennis shoes or sneakers?

I remember seeing signs at the Honda Hoot that said "Welcome Bikers." I saw few drunken, hell raising types riding their Gold Wings in. Though I did meet a long time riding/drinking buddy there as I was trying to nap off a hangover on a picnic table before we went rafting.

Anyway, I like the Iron Pony, though with so much cheap stuff online, I don't go out there much. Last time I was there I bought a nice pair of boots. Seems like I got one of their shirts too, but its not in my tee shirt drawer and I don't recall ever wearing it. Probably ended up as a polishing rag...

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
During the riding months I volunteer to go to the running around errands, winter comes I let the other half do it, that way we share the errands equally.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
257 Posts
200 miles

You only had to ride 200 miles for a mirror? You were lucky to find one so close. We have to ride 360 miles just to watch fireworks on the 4th. Oh the agony......... cheers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts