Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the garage moving the bike to work on it and forgot to put the kickstand down and dropped it, the bike is fine but I tweaked my back. So........DONT FORGET TO PUT THE KICKSTAND DOWN!!!!! could have been a lot worse, lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
851 Posts
Welcome to the TOC...Tip Over Club :D

I joined almost a year ago when I forgot to put the Kickstand down after stopping for gas.

We even have a special thread dedicated to us somewhere on the forum.

I bet if you had a shiny CHROME dip stick you wouldn't forget to put it in first :p

·
Registered
837 Posts
2 weeks ago on my mountain trip------ very first gas stop. Fueled it up and moved it to a parking spot to free up the pump because IT WAS SO BUSY PEOPLE WERE BACKED UP IN THE STREET! Fell on top of me----all 270 pounds of me---it being in the hills I could not get up. 4 chips on the bottom left bag. I hate doing stupid stuff. :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
I had a derp moment 1 time at the post office. I get back to my pin, grab my gloves from left saddle bag, i close it and the bike falls to the right in slow motion, fairing went flying. Got the engine guard and mirror only.
I might need a kick stand on the right side too

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the TOC...Tip Over Club :D

I joined almost a year ago when I forgot to put the Kickstand down after stopping for gas.

We even have a special thread dedicated to us somewhere on the forum.

I bet if you had a shiny CHROME dip stick you wouldn't forget to put it in first :p
I should feel special!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

·
Registered
784 Posts
Kick stand-Smick stand. You haven't lived till you pull up to a hotel with a parking lot full of folks, many you know well, and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Forget to put your feet down. :eek: Take your bows and grace your public, oh, and pick it up. Has anyone mentioned how good the tip overs are on the XCT?? I've function checked them more than I care to admit. LOL
Pics or it didn't happen. Glad you didn't get under it.
cheers

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's threads like these that make me feel normal and less like a general shmuck up.
I didn't realize there was a tip over club though. I joined when I went to finish a text before leaving the gas station, as i put my phone in my pocket the bike decided it would go left too and went down, but not before a very cute girl got to see the whole thing

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
2 weeks ago on my mountain trip------ very first gas stop. Fueled it up and moved it to a parking spot to free up the pump because IT WAS SO BUSY PEOPLE WERE BACKED UP IN THE STREET! Fell on top of me----all 270 pounds of me---it being in the hills I could not get up. 4 chips on the bottom left bag. I hate doing stupid stuff. :(
I'll see your "stupid stuff" and raise you a "dumb ass".

Last weekend, bike in driveway warming up waiting to take momma for a little spin. I look down and notice that my shifter seems to be bent slightly downward. While standing next to it and without a second through I reached down and pulled up on the shifter...jerking it into first gear where she lurched forward and went down. Dumb ass. My first reaction was to look into the kitchen window to see if my wife was watching. Thankfully, not.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had a near miss this weekend in adding my Vision to the tip over club. I was stopped at the gas station, and was getting ready to leave. My wife was with me and asked if I was ready for her to climb on. I said yes, then at that very moment in my fevered brain I decided it would be a good time to let go of the handle bars and pull down the front of my modular helmet. It took everything I had to hold it up. My wife of coarse lost her balance, and it took her a second to catch it and step back off the passenger floorboard. I glad she didn't fall and bust her ass or the tip over club would have been the least of my problems. I manged to hold it up though, but I think I pulled something. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts