Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wonderful experience at MOMS turned into a disaster. I didnt bring my owners manual and second key with my hammer the day I traded it in. I promissed the sales manager that I would return Saturday at 9:00 am sharp and hand it to him personally. Saturday arrived and I honored my commitment, handing over the manual and keys.

Next stop the parts department to get chrome. Jeff was great, he spent 30-40 minutes showing me all the parts and walking outside to my bike (which was parked parallel to the curb directly infront of the main enterance. The bikes behind mine were the high end Ness custom Jackpots, Hammers, XC etc.

Jeff walked outside with me three times over the 30-40 minutes each time showing where and how the parts would be installed. The second time we went outside together I had noticed a grey Jackpot was pulled with in a foot of my bike, it was 90 degrees to my right rear saddlebag. This was not a customers bike but a store bike, they were moving around, behind this they pulled a custom flamed vic, again not customers bikes but store bikes. It didnt bother me as they were just making more room for people to walk in and out of the main entrance.

I was also told by the sales person that customers were not permitted to move around the bikes they wanted to test ride, that a sales person would move the bikes onto the open lot if they wanted to ride a bike prior to purchase. Again no big deal, its a bike dealer, they jocky bikes around all day long so I didnt make a big deal about it or move my bike to a different location.

Back inside Jeff and I went and $700 later I had paid for all the chrome for my new XC. The front and rear bumpers would be shipped as their was not enough room in the bags for the boxes (I always save origional boxes- just incase ) He was nice enough to offer free shipping to my house. Again Jeff in parts was great, A+ with service and being an all round nice guy to deal with.

He asked me if I needed a hand carrying out the parts I just bought and to that I said yes. We walked outside an the first thing I noticed is the bike which was parked 90 degrees to my right rear had been moved back 10-12 feet, fact is it was only a few feet infront of the main door, adjacent to the sign up table for the Fuel it ride.

I had not walked five steps and my eyes focused on a 6 inch gouge on the right rear bag, not a scratch but a quarter inch wide 6 inch long gouge!! I said, Jeff do you see that, look at my bag, he walked over with me and acknowledged the damage. I said, this isnt happening, not to me, no way...I am not going to eat this, one of your staff move that Victory and damaged my bike. He took everything in I said, again Jeff was a stand up guy, I said Jeff, you know that there was no marks or damage on this bike, not yesterday not today (I washed and waxed the bike in the early AM prior to my ride to the store) and not as of the last time we went out to the bike to show where the chrome parts would fit (10 minutes earlier)

I insisted that who ever moved the custom Victory had damged my bike. At this point 10-15 or so people had begun to gather around as my voice began to elevate in tone.

Next some red headed guy with a pony tail tells Jeff not to answer me and not to get involved. A man wearing a green shirt walks up and asks what happened, I told him look at my brand new bike, look at the damage that just happened. He leans over and looks and says, oh, it looks old, it has wax on it. I bend over and rub my finger, over th gouge and yes it had wax but it was a white wax and I use a clear silicone base wax. Someone had taken and rubbed wax over the damage. I turned around and told Jeff, something needs to be done now, go get the owner, as I am not going to get f*cked over and jerked around.

It turns out the man in the green shirt (not victory shirt just a plain jane green shirt) was the owner. I told him, Jeff and I walked out several times, and that their was no damage, and the one trip had a Victory custom parked with in a foot of my bag. The owner tells me "I cant be responsible for everyone walking by your bike" WRONG ANSWER PAL!!, I told him the person who worked for you moved the Victory, damged my bike...he says their is no way a bike could have damged my bag, that the damage was old as it had wax on the gouge. He kept going back to the point of the wax on the gouge. I began to get really pissed off and raise my voice, telling him that the bike was perfect yesterday, perfect this morning when I washed and waxed it, that the damage just happened and was done by the bike and or the person moving around the Vic...The owner then tells me, I cant prove it...Wrong Answer!! I told him, look buddy, I dont give a rats azz who you are but your not going to pull this sh1t with me, I am the wrong guy to f*ck with, I know how to handle myself and deal with people who try to f*ck me over and lie to me...I told him you man up admit your staff caused the damage and fix it now or I would sue his azz and drag him through the media..At this point I would say close to 30+- people were listening to this rather heated dialog. The owner calls me inside in an effort to remove the public from listening, I walked with him inside the store and he said, listen the damage was their, its unfortunate it happened to you but those things happen. WRONG BS TO TRY TO FEED ME. I told him, listen this is how its going to play out, you admit the wrong, and fix he bag (no touch up paint, but replace the bag with a new one) or I would sue him. I had more then enough witnesses to win in court. I walked back outside and he had no other choice but to follow me. I told him, you make a command decision now or I will.

He turns to Jeff and says, when we get another new bag in with the chrome rack on top, to call me and they would replace it....Jeff turns and points to a brand new vic they had just rolled out and it had the chrome tie down racks on the saddle bags. He said this is brand new, why dont we just swap the bags, and swap the lock so his key works. I cant say enough how Jeff is a all round good guy, at this point the staff memember with red hair and a pony tail tells Jeff not to get involved and he turns and walks away..again the second time.

The owner turns and asks me when and where I bought the bike...I said yesterday here and pointed to my 09 Vic Hammer S 40 feet away that I traded. You have got to be kidding me....your going to let this fact determine if you tell the truth, man up and fix your f*ck up that one of your staff did to my bike....

The owner then raises his arms and says to the crowd (like he is show boating) no one takes care of customers better then Moms, Jeff swap the bags for our customer.

What a p.o.s. he is...but wait it gets better....
They take my keys and push my bike and the other new XC to back and up on the ramp to have a mechanic swap the bags.

I am very heated at this point and in an effort to remain composes walk away from the crowd, I turn and walk 15 feet or so (the distance of 4 new Vic bikes parked for sale and what do I see on the ground...

A BOTTLE OF WAX AND A COTTON RAG!!!!!

MOMS HAD ATTEMPTED TO COVER UP THEIR DAMAGE AND I HAVE VERY LITTLE DOUBT IT WAS THIS RED HEAD WITH THE PONY TAIL...HE WAS MOVING BIKES, HE STUCK HIS NOSE IN SEVERAL TIMES AND WALKED AWAY EACH TIME AFTER HE CHIMED IN HIS .02...

I DETEST LIARS , accidents happen that is why its called an accident...BE A MAN ADMIT YOUR MISTAKE, OWN IT, DONT LIE TO ATTEMPT TO COVER UP YOUR ERROR....

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What a way to ruin the relationship with a new customer. Too bad for the dealer as it seems they have lost what could've been a long, faithful customer. I'm glad to hear you stood by your guns and got a new bag on it, even though you had to get down in the mud in order to get your voice heard. Good thing you shared this so others can keep an eye on anything similar coming out of that store.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
By the way, anytime you take your bike somewhere, even if it's a dealership or a trusted bike shop, don't think the bozos who work there have an advanced degree from Berkley in moving bikes around the lot. I've worked in a car dealership before, and the things that do happen are nothing short of amazing. Take a full parking space, and park away from the action. If nothing else, it will add to your peace of mind. I can only imagine how you felt, and wish none of us have to go through anything similar :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
9 secs, I'm sorry you had a bad experience there. I've bought two bikes from mom south and went to help two other friends pick out bikes as well w/out issue. Jeff is awesome in parts and always gives you his full attention, no matter how busy they are. Joel is a good guy to. The others I can't say much for though...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have bought a couple of bikes from Mom's and have had great experiences dealing with them. Jeff is a great guy, always willing to help out. The guy with the pony tail is Joel's brother (I believe). I had an issue there a few years ago with some work the did on one of my bikes (they messed up), but they did right by me son I was happy with the outcome. It's too bad you had a problem, hopefully you are happy with the outcome, even though it got nasty. I do agree with you, stuff happens, whoever was responsible, should have manned up and then you move on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow, what a bunch of scumbags! In my opinion, the owner should have made it right immediately. The red head should have had his butt kicked (bet he wouldn't snake it again).
The owner now needs to investigate what happened and fire the idiot who did the deed.
That kind of action in Oklahoma would not stand, or gone that far. Don't know where you live, but if people act like cu*ts there, I suggest you move.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Wow, what a bunch of scumbags! In my opinion, the owner should have made it right immediately. The red head should have had his butt kicked (bet he wouldn't snake it again).
The owner now needs to investigate what happened and fire the idiot who did the deed.
That kind of action in Oklahoma would not stand, or gone that far. Don't know where you live, but if people act like cu*ts there, I suggest you move.
Actually, all dealers are ran by human beings who get financially rewarded for hiding the truth. A fully honest dealer is a dealer in financial difficulty, because customers end up taking advantage of them. You see, it's partly our fault, the customers who force the dealers to be snakes. We just have to realize that, and always be prepared when dealing with a dealer.

No doubt this experience was wrong, but how can you really be surprised? Upset, Yes! Surprised? Seriously?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
One thing I do and sometimes that doesn't work is I park away from everyone or in a way that keeps my ride safe from dings etc. I've done it with all my cars and do it with my bike.

If it were me I would have moved my bike so that what happened to you 9seconds wouldn't have happened.

Pro active not re active!thumb up

Don't get me wrong. Its no guarantee. I had a 2001 Corvette. The second week I owned it someone bumped the front end. Heres the knock about it. I was on a parking lot I parked literally about 40 yards from the store in a section of the lot that no one parked in because the store on that end had gone out of business months ago. I was not double parked like so many jerks do with their nice new cars.

I come out and there is a scrape on the front bumper. Due to the depth the rolling of the material and the position it looked like a truck backed into it with a trailer hitch.

My conclusion is some jack off didn't like my car and intentionally did the damage.

Like I said. No guarantees!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
The only reason it was stopped over there is because of all the people being abusive to him for posting what happened to him.

That won't happen over here. I will delete the abusive posts and ban anyone that gets out of line like over there.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
on your other forum, the moderator finally sent it to the garbage. Get over it. go ride the thing and enjoy
I hear you, buddy, but it's a good thing to share our experiences. Sure, these can be a dreadful thing to read over, but you can always ignore a thread if not interested in it. Personally, I like to hear as many stories as possible, so when I'm in the same situation, I am more aware of what can go wrong and how to react to something going wrong. It's like preventive knowledge. Not to mention the poor guy shared his experience with us, so the least we can do is show some compassion.

If there's a pothole on the highway, and you see it, do you point it out to the rider behind you, or do you let him figure it out on his own? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts