Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to open my fairing.

Any tips or tricks I need to know? Any hidden screws to find?

I've tried the search feature, but I cant find what I'm looking for. I'm sure someone has done this before.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Are you saying you need to remove the outer fairing?
If so then:
Pull off the chrome headlight cowling (it just pulls off) then you will see 4 allen head screws-2 top and 2 bottom- remove these. Hold the headlight it will fall out most likely. Unplug the headlight, set it aside. Looking toward the front of the back as if siting on it. you will see pan head screws on each side of the fairing, remove these. Pull the speaker grills. On each side there is 1 screw beside the speakers, remove these. That's it. If it is the first time the outer fairing may be stuck so a good tug should let it come off. It is a good idea the first time to have a extra set of hands in case it comes off easy and the outer fairing doesn't fall. Cover your front fender with a towel to protect it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Glad to know it's that easy. :) Friend of mine wants a Crimson XC and can't find one...but found a blue one. I have a Crimson XR and wanted a blue one which wasn't made. I'm thinking tin swap. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to know it's that easy. :) Friend of mine wants a Crimson XC and can't find one...but found a blue one. I have a Crimson XR and wanted a blue one which wasn't made. I'm thinking tin swap. :)
You could do a swap, but he would still have to send his outer fairing off to get painted...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts