Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get the Madstad windshield and wonder what others though of the colors. I was thinking of Light grey. I am not sure the dark would be good at night. Opinions ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
the dark tint was too much for me. it was like riding behind a wall the whole time. I went with a ceebaileys. really happy with it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have the light grey tint (smoke?) . . . more for curbside appeal - the "cool" factor. I don't notice any side effects one way or the other, day light or night riding. It does manage the wind fine for me. No bobble-head buffeting with half helmet or full face. Works for me. Yrmv,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I went with Madstad's light gray tint. Doesn't much matter to me, because: A) I look over it, except maybe on steep hills, and; B) I hardly ever ride at night.

That said, I recently discovered that I'm glad I didn't go with anything darker. I did some work on a mount for my GoPro such that it looks through the windshield, and anything darker wouldn't have helped the videos any.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I think mine is clear. LOL Was on the bike when I bought it. Doesnt seem to have any tint I can tell at night. I like it is adjustable, although I have not as it has been fine. I look over for the most part.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
471 Posts
My Madstad bracket shipped on Friday, I'm going to try it with the stock tinted blade, if that doesn't work, I have a 10 windvest and a 13" ness flip,
I'll break it in on our blue ridge parkway trip

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Madstad bracket shipped on Friday, I'm going to try it with the stock tinted blade, if that doesn't work, I have a 10 windvest and a 13" ness flip,
I'll break it in on our blue ridge parkway trip

When you coming down to the BlueRidge? I live in Roanoke just 5 miles are so from the parkway. On it all the time. However the have a large section closed due to long over due repairs. From peaks of other to just north of roanokjw . I think it is mile marker 88 to 105. Message me and I can give you an update

·
Registered
812 Posts
I like mine, it is a clear one.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well I installed my new Madstad bracket last night with my 10" windvest shield. Rode to work today and the difference is remarkable. The big thing I noticed is the ability to hear everything, I can hear the motor noise, transmission shift and the stereo. Hot dam, wasn't expecting that.
There is a light breeze and no pounding wind, granted not as sharp looking as the straight windvest shield but the functionality of it makes up for it. Definitely a good purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts