Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading bits and pieces on what people have done to modify their bikes for better performance and to run cooler. can someone recommend what i should do. i have a 2013 XCT.
tanks in advance
jim

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
If you do nothing else, get and install Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. Disconnecting the O2 sensors will help it to run a bit richer and consequently cooler.

·
13,002 Posts
I have been reading bits and pieces on what people have done to modify their bikes for better performance and to run cooler. can someone recommend what i should do. i have a 2013 XCT.
tanks in advance
jim
Go to the tech forum and you'll find what you need

·
Registered
848 Posts
tanks in advance
jim
Signature has my list of mods.

To run cooler add a fuel tuner PC V my recommendation I have a map you can start with.

Air filter from Lloyds

Timing wheel from Lloyds start with +4, I am running mine at +6 some others at +8.

Pipes, Big Honkers or D&D wrapped.

Cams, Yes Cams, Touring is my recommendation

All this and you will end up with 120hp/120torques or there about.
The bike will run smoother and cooler, fuel mileage will go up as long as you go easy on it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
PS I will be in Lexington Va this Friday thru Sunday, Look for the blue beast or PM me.

Lloyds is in Pine Bush NY, KMC will be in Southern MD again in October Kyle is a great wrench and tuner.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Here's the thing... You need to figure out what YOU want, what YOU need from the bike, what YOU can spend... These guys can't recommend a set-up for you, the best they can do is recommend you do what they did.

These folks will spend all your money if you're not careful.

One last piece of advice. This performance thing is like shooting a gun. Once you pull that trigger, you can't un-pull it, that round is speeding down range... do your research first.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Here's the thing... You need to figure out what YOU want, what YOU need from the bike, what YOU can spend... These guys can't recommend a set-up for you, the best they can do is recommend you do what they did.

One last piece of advice. This performance thing is like shooting a gun. Once you pull that trigger, you can't un-pull it, that round is speeding down range... do your research first.
:ltr:thumb up:ltr:thumb up:ltr:thumb up

·
Registered
848 Posts

Good advice from the great crazy one. Research real research by talking to the folks that build these things Rylan, Kyle, Lloyd, not us crazies on the forum. To quote the great crazy one, how much do you want, how much can you afford to spend.

Bye the bye, the set up I have works for me pretty well and gets in the mid 40's for fuel mileage when riding close to teh posted speed limits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts