Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so obviously no disrespect to either shop, I am asking because I think they are both the best around. I have the choice to go to Kyle at KMC motosports or a little further and go to Lloydz. Neither place has an opening till June but I have to schedule pretty quick as bike is popping after shifts.

Would you say they are equal or anyone have any thoughts on where I should go?

Price is basically the same, I don't mind riding the extra distance to Lloydz so neither of those are factors.

Thanks for the input! cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
From what I understand, Kyle has taken over for Lloyd as far as dynoes/tunes. I witnessed him doing a bunch of tunes this past Sunday at MOM's in Mass. Kid knows his stuff.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
You won't go wrong either way. Kyle did my tune last Sunday and its phenomenally good :D He's also seriously down to earth and easy to talk too.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Ok so obviously no disrespect to either shop, I am asking because I think they are both the best around. I have the choice to go to Kyle at KMC motosports or a little further and go to Lloydz. Neither place has an opening till June but I have to schedule pretty quick as bike is popping after shifts.

Would you say they are equal or anyone have any thoughts on where I should go?

Price is basically the same, I don't mind riding the extra distance to Lloydz so neither of those are factors.

Thanks for the input! cheers

popping isnt really a big deal, not hurting anything, but what bike do you have, what do you have done to it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mods are in my sig

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
sorry cant see your sig
2014 Cross Road Classic
Atom Bomb mufflers
PC-V
Lloydz high flow air filter
Lloydz adjustable timing gear 5*

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Kyle gets crazy busy when he comes home from the road so getting in may be tuff. If you can get an appointment at Lloydz, take a nice day ride up there. You will not be dissapointed with either (they are both great). I think you have a better shot at getting in at Lloydz just because Kyle is on the road a lot and there is a ton of prep for all those trips.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Dr Dyno... google it.
"The doctor is often available for house calls in the CT, MA & RI area on off weekends or in front of RJ's Diesel Service, 62 Voluntown Road, Pawcatuck CT 06379 Saturday or Sunday afternoons by request"

·
Registered
611 Posts
Go see John at dyno solutions in brookfield, behind max bmw. He's not a victory specific guy, just a damn good dyno guy. He's built a number of custom maps for me over the years as my bikes and/or mods changed and he is the sole go-to guy for every racer i know in CT (roughly a dozen off the top of my head). He's a small one man operation but he's usually got openings on short notice because he's not well known outside of the racer crowd he usually serves.

The maps he's built for me are all tailored not only to the bike itself but also how i plan to ride it. My race/track bikes are tuned purely for max power at all speeds and throttle positions. My street bikes are tuned for best fuel economy at low throttle positions and best power above 70% throttle all while making sure it's never excessively rich or lean.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dr Dyno... google it.
"The doctor is often available for house calls in the CT, MA & RI area on off weekends or in front of RJ's Diesel Service, 62 Voluntown Road, Pawcatuck CT 06379 Saturday or Sunday afternoons by request"
Anyone have any success with Dr Dyno? He is actually going to be at one of the local cycle shops I think next week...

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Anyone have any success with Dr Dyno? He is actually going to be at one of the local cycle shops I think next week...
If Half_Crazy recommends it, then I have confidence.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts