Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeking opinion on Victoryonly.com diamond engine cover

Has anyone bought the 'diamond engine covers' on victoryonly.com to replace their cheese wedges? Does anyone have an opinion on them that they could share? I've been searching this site trying to make a purchase decision. But all I've found were a few reports that victoryonly.com can be very slow to ship and respond to emails. I've also been looking at the kewlmetal and cycleops wedges but I'm having a hard time stomaching the $400-600 that they would cost. I could be wrong but the thin top inlay on the kewlmetal covers look pretty delicate in the pictures. Despite my best efforts I have a poor track record with delicate parts.

Here is what I'm talking about
http://www.victoryonly.com/ACCESSORIES/engine_cover.htm

·
Registered
526 Posts
They look pretty cool. I ordered from them once before with no issues.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went ahead and purchased them so here is what I have to say. Victoryonly.com was good to deal with, response time was was prompt, shipping time was quick and packaging was excellent.

However I did have a shopping list of issues when I tried to install the actual product. The holes on the mounting brackets didn't line up properly with the threaded holes on the face plates so I had to grind down the bracket to get the bolts in. I also decided to cut some of the bolts shorter because they bottomed out and wouldn't go far enough into the face plate. It was that or use a lot of extra washers. I found that the instructions missed a step where I needed to detach the ignition key bracket while I put the left side on because some engine parts were in the way. I also opted to use some larger washers than what was provided in a few places for a better hold.

Now that they're on I'm really happy with the finished look. But it did take a lot of screwing around to get them there.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think they look great- but I'm confused- the website says 199 for both sides- are they 199 apiece or for the pair? even for a pair that seems pricey, if that is a each price, geez...

I went ahead and purchased them so here is what I have to say. Victoryonly.com was good to deal with, response time was was prompt, shipping time was quick and packaging was excellent.

However I did have a shopping list of issues when I tried to install the actual product. The holes on the mounting brackets didn't line up properly with the threaded holes on the face plates so I had to grind down the bracket to get the bolts in. I also decided to cut some of the bolts shorter because they bottomed out and wouldn't go far enough into the face plate. It was that or use a lot of extra washers. I found that the instructions missed a step where I needed to detach the ignition key bracket while I put the left side on because some engine parts were in the way. I also opted to use some larger washers than what was provided in a few places for a better hold.

Now that they're on I'm really happy with the finished look. But it did take a lot of screwing around to get them there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$199 gets you the set with two mounting brackets, 12 bolts, 12 washers, 6 nuts, and 6 spacers. As I mentioned in my first post the other options available cost 2-3x as much for more or less the same thing. Hell I think those plastic stock cheese wedges are $40 each to buy new. Also, the Arlen Ness retro cam and derby engine covers that I added cost $200 for the set for some shiny pieces that are nearly the same size.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
They look great. These are billet aluminum, chrome plated, not the cheap plastic everyone else is selling. Would be nice to see more designs coming out.

·
Registered
810 Posts
$199 gets you the set with two mounting brackets, 12 bolts, 12 washers, 6 nuts, and 6 spacers. As I mentioned in my first post the other options available cost 2-3x as much for more or less the same thing. Hell I think those plastic stock cheese wedges are $40 each to buy new. Also, the Arlen Ness retro cam and derby engine covers that I added cost $200 for the set for some shiny pieces that are nearly the same size.
Thanks for the clarification!

thumb upcheersthumb up

They look great. These are billet aluminum, chrome plated, not the cheap plastic everyone else is selling. Would be nice to see more designs coming out.
Just wait my friend... just you wait!!;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts