Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im playing around with my traget afrs a bit and just wanted to get some opinions on changes that I should make. I get some decel popping in lower rpm range. Every once in a while i get a pop when shifting. I know i have short pipes and its really hard to tune. My Mods are in my Signature. I posted a screenshot of my current afrs Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
you answered your own question, short drag style pipes tune poorly + loose lo + midrange power. using the excellent dobeck AFR+ on my 13 hammer the AFR gauge is showing 11.5 AFR ratio, i set the first green tuning light to 10.5 but that is not an AFR, just a subtraction of fuel from dobeck's setup. i have a drilled tri-pro 2-1 with no popping on closed throttle or downhill, good luck

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you answered your own question, short drag style pipes tune poorly + loose lo + midrange power. using the excellent dobeck AFR+ on my 13 hammer the AFR gauge is showing 11.5 AFR ratio, i set the first green tuning light to 10.5 but that is not an AFR, just a subtraction of fuel from dobeck's setup. i have a drilled tri-pro 2-1 with no popping on closed throttle or downhill, good luck
After my dyno tune I showed Zero loss on mid range or low end power with short pipes. I'm not sure where your info comes from but if it properly tuned and the right mods Short pipes do not lose power. This thing is a beast. Again i don't get much popping at all on a 5 hour run it may pop 5 times.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any advice or different values to try? I get slight popping at idle from time to time also.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i am using red vic's setup on my 13 hammer, but used lowest switchpoint to get into yellow sooner, not an issue on heavier models. i have a ness air cleaner, 4 advanced timing wheel + a drilled tri-pro 2-1 pipe. no popping + amazingly quiet with throttle closed decending local mountain roads if you have the popular loud drag style pipes that could be the issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts