Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Should I buy it?

• Yes! It would look awesome and really suit the bike!

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Leave it stock and all black. The above is to blingy!

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't think anything is over the top if you like it. Hell they are putting 24" wheels on them lol. I think it will look good.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
I want my global warming back...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I don't think anything is over the top if you like it. Hell they are putting 24" wheels on them lol. I think it will look good.

2000 V92SC
Middle Tenn
I want my global warming back...
:I agree: +1

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you are saying. I do like the look of it and it is going for a good price. It is still going to cost me a fair bit by the time I get it to me. I am just not sure if it will make my bike look over done or if it will look too fussy against the spoke wheel and the white wall.

Do you think I need to have alloys for the look to work on a Highball?

It does tie in well with my Ness Slot Track derby cover though. I wouldn't buy it for $599 from Ness as it would be too much of an outlay if I didn't like it. I would rather a set of Torque Tubes or an S&S intake or something for that money.

At half that it has me thinking though...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Big T , even for that good deal , 1/2 price , If it were me I may put that kind of money towards something you may want or need more . The stock pulley to me isn't an eye sore at all . If you were going with a complete theme , that would be another story . cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I suppose I'd have to see the bike it was going to go on. But, if you like it, then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's going on this bike. I have the above grips, pegs and cam covers to go on as well soon. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think it would look good as long as you like it. I think it would look better (to me) if the silver accents were red.

·
12,970 Posts
I don't think its going to change the look of the bike. It might even look out of place with know other like parts around it.
Am sorry I don't understand why guys ask others on what they think. Its your bike you have to look at it every day and ride it Do as you like not what others like. Did that guy ask when he went to red rims or side mount lic do what you want

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
VJ , bantering back and forth , and asking one another advice / point of view , is what drives this forum , and sparks good conversation . You know that ! cheers

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think its going to change the look of the bike. It might even look out of place with know other like parts around it.
Am sorry I don't understand why guys ask others on what they think. Its your bike you have to look at it every day and ride it Do as you like not what others like. Did that guy ask when he went to red rims or side mount lic do what you want
I hear what you are saying Johnny, I am not fishing for compliments or anything but I am just looking for some opinions. I know what I like but it's hard to tell what it would look like on the bike. As you know I am in the UK so if I buy it and don't like it I am stuck with it. It is also going to cost me $290 US to ship it then 20% on top for VAT. It's either going to look great or be an expensive mistake.

I wasn't going to buy this and I wouldn't pay $599 for it...but when I saw it for sale half price and I am putting a a few other Ness parts on with the Slot Track theme I thought this might be the perfect finish. I thought there is a chance it would look out of place with the spoke wheels though on an bobber style bike.

That's the beuaty of the forums though! A wealth of knowledge and opinions!

Should I buy it or put it the money towards something else?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Big T , just my opinion here , that is still a ton of money . Pulleys are always available for affordable prices , especially on the AN website , under close outs and used stuff . That money could be well spent some other place . Take your time with what you want to do , and don't pull the trigger on something just cause it looks like a "good deal" . You could theoretically buy this pulley , lay out the cash , and before it even arrives at your door you are saying "****" , this other part is what I really should have bought !!! Understand my friend . Take it from me , I'm a pro at spending money on stuff I shouldn't , on a whim .thumb upcheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You could use some of that pulley cash to buy some nice LED blinkers and ditch those goofy Victory ones we all have to suffer with from the factory , I checked your signature out and it looks like you are still running the stock blinkers , just a thought . You should create an album and put up some pics of your scoot , looks real nice and people could help give you better advice if they can see multiple pics of your steed . Just giving you some ideas , that's all !cheers

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Lilmags, I know what you are saying about spending like a Pro! I used to have a Camaro that I used to show and that is a great way to get rid of your cash!

What is the AN website? I don't know that one?

I do have a lot of extra parts. The photo in my previous posts are when I got it with just pipes. I have a ton of stuff to go on the bike but the HD dealer just won't call me back and book my bike in! I work for the same dealer group as well which makes it worse!

I can't wait to get it ready for when the sun comes out :)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
AN is Arlen Ness , Big T ! I have a Bullitt Mustang , and believe me , I know how to spend on that too !thumb upcheers

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AN is Arlen Ness , Big T ! I have a Bullitt Mustang , and believe me , I know how to spend on that too !thumb upcheers
D'Oh! Of course it is!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought about getting one for my bike but they just cost so much. i just decided to leave the stock one since its all black and goes with everything. but might be a future purchase

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really like it but something's telling me to hold off. It is nearly half the price of Torque tubes or 2/3's a PCV. I'll probably get better value out of that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts