Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys..... I am not loaded with money but am considering either spending some money on my Hammer or one of my cars that could use it too.

I have an 07 Hammer S, no tuner, shotgun pipes and stock intake.
I am considering the RPW Thor pipes, Torque Tubes and a pc 3 purchase. I enjoy the hell out of it the way it is but I am a gearhead so I always want more (if it is worth it).

My question is it worth the 1500+? I can find no charts available for just these items.

Thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts
So .... you are basically coming from a stock bike.

The combination you list should net you 15-18 hp and 12-15 tq over stock. Everywhere in the useable rpm range you will see / feel significant gains.....

Whether that is worth the coin , only you can decide.

Peter

·
Registered
352 Posts
Go to the Lloydz website ....and you will see the comparisons between the TTI vs Stock intake ..... and get an idea of that upgrade alone.

If you still want more confirmation ...call 845 744 4889... ask for Lloyd.

Peter

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Reality is on a stock motor the TorqueTubes wont give you much more than a good intake, Ness Ram, Lloydz, or S&S.
I went from Ness Ram to TTI and picked up a little down low for a lot more money.
Tubes are easier to clean filters on of course but in reality the KNs are better left uncleaned anyway.
Go the intake for sure, up to you how wisely you spend on one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
here is TTI vs Stock on a 100 ci bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Your stock airbox already have torque tubes inside them .... To save money you could make the TT yourself ?

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Opinion? Those are the best parts (I have all those and a little extra).

All tubes are not created equal. The TTI starts big and the tubes get smaller at the throttle body to increase air velocity. On my old motor (104") I went from the S&S airbox to the TTI and at 3400 rpm it picked up 11 HP and 17 ft-lbs. Peak torque went from 119 to 130. Yes, it only gained a couple of HP at peak but area under the curve was substantially more across the whole rpm range. Torque gains averaged around 9 ft-lbs across the board.

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Thats on a cammed motor HC.
The OP has a stock motor and a budget.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
Thats on a cammed motor HC.
The OP has a stock motor and a budget.
That's a lot more than cams....

The OP wanted to know if the gains would be significant. Yes, they will.
I am considering the RPW Thor pipes, Torque Tubes and a pc 3 purchase
Better add a dyno tune to the budget... But a stock 100" w/those upgrades (no cams) will make damned near 100 HP and a lot more torque than any other set-up. Is it worth the cost? It would be for me, but I'm not him.

Additionally, if more upgrades are done later he will have an excellent foundation to build on.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a 92" Freedom motor on my 04 Kingpin. It had the basic Stage 1 setup. I added TT's, and a PCIII. Kevin X dyno tuned it. I am now making right on 100 HP and 104 ft lbs of torque. The difference was massive. It is like a whole new bike and the throttle is much more responsive. Worth every penny! I say go for it.:grin

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh YEA .... You guys are definitely convincing me!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When it comes to a cam install does it have to be taken to a shop with special tooling?

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
I did the install myself with help of this forum .... Not difficult ....

But DYNO your bike ... I cannot but that's a different story

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts