Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! I'am new to the Forum. I'am Steve from Massachusetts. Have a question for all my victory 8 ball riders out there. I went and filled up my tank and noticed an orange film coating the inside of my gas tank. I thought Hmmm, that's kinda odd. The bike runs fine, no stuttering or bogging down. Why the color orange and can i do something about this. I did read the reason for the color, could be from the ethanol. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Steve

I have a 2011 Cross Country. Most Victory tanks that I have seen have a orange coating on the inside of the gas tank for whatever reason, if this is what you mean. Some folks have had trouble with this coming off but I am good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2012 Vic 8 Ball

Hey Honda East Toledo! It's a 2012 Victory Vegas 8 Ball.Have you seen this discoloration and do i have anything too worry about. Thank,Steve

·
12,972 Posts
All tanks have a sealer or blader in them. Not sure what color. You'll find out when you change your fuel filter

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Pretty sure, ALL the 106 bikes I have ever see, have that orange color in the tank. I would not worry about it, I bet I can walk out in service and open all the gas caps on the bikes we have and they all have it.....hold on I'll go look.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I have a Gunner, Hammer and a Hard ball here, they all have that orange coating .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Honda East Toledo! Can't thank you enough for that! Really appreciate you checking that out! As a matter of fact, i want to thank everyone here on the Forum for their input! You guys Rock! Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down and ride safe everybody!!! Thanks, Steve:smile:

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's an anti-corrosion coating. Pretty much any gasoline powered motor vehicle that still has a metal fuel tank has some form of anti-corrosion coating in it now days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts