Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new RPW Big slash 2 into 1 in black. I'm excited to get it. I will eventually order the VFC III , and an air filter. I may try and run just the pipe with the o2 sensors disconnected, and see how it runs. I know there are quite a few doing this with the Cross bikes with good success. Now, as for the install, is it really tough ? Or is it something me and a friend can handle ? I installed the thunderheader on my Harley by myself...

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
hi i'm looking to do the same with either bassani 2-1 long or the the rpg thor, i wonder wich would be quietest?.. i'am really puzzled as to wich fuel controller to get power comander 5 or the dobeck type

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have read (over and over) the RPW 2 into1 pipes offer the best performance, and the Bassani is a little louder. But, I have no experience with either, yet. As far as which fuel controller..... The Lloydz VFC III is a great unit, as long as you aren't going to go any more than say, a stage one, and maybe some cams. If you have plans for bigger motor, and head work, get the PC.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Replacing the pipes is pretty straight forward. I can remove and replace mine in less than an hour.
You may want to scrape up the pennies for the intake sooner than later. You won't realize the full benefits of that new free flowing exhaust until it can breath a lot better. BTW, the Big Slash is a great choice. They look great.And supposed to make great power too.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacing the pipes is pretty straight forward. I can remove and replace mine in less than an hour.
You may want to scrape up the pennies for the intake sooner than later. You won't realize the full benefits of that new free flowing exhaust until it can breath a lot better. BTW, the Big Slash is a great choice. They look great.And supposed to make great power too.
Oh, yes I agree. By "eventually" I men in a week or three. When I bought the bike I spent my savings, so my mods will be done, pay check to pay check, lol. I'm a single parent so my spending money is a little limited for now.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just ordered the RPW Thor from MetricThunder. Jim seems like a nice guy too. Sadly shipping is delayed due to some issue with the ceramic coater.

I was debating the whole air box thing, not sure if I want to go that route since im under warranty right now. I have the VFCIII already.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just ordered the RPW Thor from MetricThunder. Jim seems like a nice guy too. Sadly shipping is delayed due to some issue with the ceramic coater.

I was debating the whole air box thing, not sure if I want to go that route since im under warranty right now. I have the VFCIII already.
I didn't know anything about shipping being delayed. And, how hard is it to hook up the VFC ?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I didn't know anything about shipping being delayed. And, how hard is it to hook up the VFC ?
The VFC was easy to install.
I removed the tank, taking care not to damage the fuel line connection on the bottom of the tank. Disconnected the injectors and connector the harness for the VFC, tie wrapped the wires and stuck the VFC on the fuse box under the right side cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts