Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to order PCV top filter from loyds tomorrow. I already have the quarter turn throttle, timing wheel, stage 1 down load and filter. Also have some ness honkers on the way. My question is will loyds put a map in the PCV for that set up. Need it till I can get to the Vic Shop for a dyno tune ,

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Ask them. Not trying to be a smart ass, but at least you will know the answer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
40 Posts
so since were interested in saving money on PCV's now..... Lloyds charges $369... arkiebiker saved himself 20 bucks and paid $349 at witchdoctors..... Ebay sells them brand new for $286... whats wrong with the PCVs from ebay? you oughtta be able to swap maps for free from other members if thats what you are concerned with.

I paid 200 for a used PCV off ebay a few weeks ago- hope it works!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I understand...But I'm going to The Vic Shop in 8 days and I just wanted to make sure I have everything with me...I assume Witchdoctors gets his PCV's from Lloyds (maybe...maybe not)...but at any rate...I'll have a warranty.

Rylan at the Vic Shop will be installing my timing wheel, my PCV and cams.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I didn't know for sure...I knew you had the cams for when we talked...anyway, I didn't want to take any chances since when I get done with you, I'll be heading to Eagle Butte to shoot wild horses. Me and Miles are looking forward to coming up though...Should be fun...but I know nothing about what a Dyno will show or how to read one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I imagine they would sell enough PCVs to have a dealer franchise through Dynojet.

New to Victory but been around yamahas and dynojet power commanders for many years and know that just because a vendor loads a map "to fit your mods" doesn't mean it is going to be close to what you need. They may only have 2-3 generic maps downloaded from dynojet website and flash em and ship em out to customers collecting extra money for the 'custom' program

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I just installed a new PCV and Autotune today after our group ride.Actually, I am not quite finished. I need to hook up the + & - leads for the Autotune and then I want to add a base map.
If I read the brochure correctly, the disc will have base maps on it. You install Power Commander program from the disc onto your computer .
It also said to go to the Power Commander website and get the latest maps.

I have a PC3 on my Kingpin and have the program already and have maps I loaded from the site when I built the motor in my Kingpin.So I should be able to just load the latest map from the website for my CR and be pretty close before running the Autotune.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
If you're still interested in buying a PCV for less money, motomummy.com sells them for about $100 less than Lloydz. If you shop around you find a lot of places that sell accessories for less than MSRP.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just a FYI: Yes, there are cheaper placed to buy them online. When you buy a Power Commander through me I charge list price. But, when you get it through me I stand behind the products that I sell. So that means that if you have a failure I send you a replacement same-day, loaded with your map, and you send me yours back to warranty.

Actual example that happened to me: Guy brings in his own Power Commander bragging about how much cheaper he got it on-line. No problem, I still get the labor to install and tune it. We install it and the unit is bad, won't communicate with the software. He calls the on-line distributor, they say to send it back to Dynojet for warranty. Dynojet's turnaround is 3 weeks. The bike sits for three weeks until the new unit shows up (they did replace it completely under warranty). I offered to sell him another one in the meantime, but he refused so he wasn't left with a spare when it was all done.

Another actual example: Customer buys a PC through me. We dyno tune the machine. All is great. Get a call a couple months later, bike is running poorly. Diagnose that it's probably the PC. I have his map on file. I load the map to a new PC, send it halfway across the country to his place (same-day) to get his bike running. He sends me his old unit a couple of days later. I warrantied the unit (it was bad), all while my customer continued to ride his bike with the custom map he'd paid for.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Just a FYI: Yes, there are cheaper placed to buy them online. When you buy a Power Commander through me I charge list price. But, when you get it through me I stand behind the products that I sell. So that means that if you have a failure I send you a replacement same-day, loaded with your map, and you send me yours back to warranty.

Actual example that happened to me: Guy brings in his own Power Commander bragging about how much cheaper he got it on-line. No problem, I still get the labor to install and tune it. We install it and the unit is bad, won't communicate with the software. He calls the on-line distributor, they say to send it back to Dynojet for warranty. Dynojet's turnaround is 3 weeks. The bike sits for three weeks until the new unit shows up (they did replace it completely under warranty). I offered to sell him another one in the meantime, but he refused so he wasn't left with a spare when it was all done.

Another actual example: Customer buys a PC through me. We dyno tune the machine. All is great. Get a call a couple months later, bike is running poorly. Diagnose that it's probably the PC. I have his map on file. I load the map to a new PC, send it halfway across the country to his place (same-day) to get his bike running. He sends me his old unit a couple of days later. I warrantied the unit (it was bad), all while my customer continued to ride his bike with the custom map he'd paid for.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. If $100 is a make or break amount of cash then the individual should probably not spend it upgrading a toy. Not to mention that the little bit more goes to a small business owner who actually is in a position to offer customer service.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Rylan..these are all good things to include on your website. I had no idea that you kept all the parts. Had I known about the examples you cited above, then I would have not been concerned about saving the $20. Even though I have owned my bike for almost 3 years now, I'm not a mechanic so I won't do this kind of work...thank goodness there are guys like you that are experts, BUT we lay people may not always know the details of what you and your shop can provide in terms of "parts".

I did go to your website, but the only products I saw on your site were the t-shirts and some engine covers. I would suggest you have a note on the website stating that when you do tuning and performance enhancements, that you keep those parts in stock and prefer to use your own off the shelf parts.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh, and I would never buy an electronics part (or many machined parts) from Ebay! I bought my parts from Witchdoctors which is a well known vendor among Victory owners. I tried to keep it in the "family". :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rylan I will be calling you today. I did not realize you stocked all the performance parts either. Can you load a map for my set up ? It will be awhile before I can get up there to get it tuned.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What Rylan said is why I don't mind paying extra money for the parts. I have bought many parts over the years and never any of them was backed by people like Loyd or Rylan. We are lucky in the Vic community to have tech guys like them !

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ordered everything from Rylan today. He is downloading a map for me also. Then I will get up there asap and get it tuned by him. Rylan is a very good guy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts