Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
Very nice! Reminds me of a smaller XC which would have lots of plus's. When you get your X bike it would be great if you could keep this one for solo rides. Some people are changing their front wheel size to allow a wider tire to help give it better feel in the twisties. It may be something to consider at some point.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Good post and pictures, thanks ....

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I love it thumb up What a great Vegas build. How far have you ridden or are you planning to ride on it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! Reminds me of a smaller XC which would have lots of plus's. When you get your X bike it would be great if you could keep this one for solo rides. Some people are changing their front wheel size to allow a wider tire to help give it better feel in the twisties. It may be something to consider at some point.
Don't know if you saw my other post but this page of this build is where I got the idea of the Hammer shock Victory Vegas 8-Ball Project: "Evil 8" Part 2 not sure if I'll go all the way with the Hammer front suspension as well. I don't want to get to much wrapped up into this bike so when I decide to sell and get a Cross Country I wont be to upside down into the bike. It handles pretty good right now, that Hammer shock made a world of deference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it thumb up What a great Vegas build. How far have you ridden or are you planning to ride on it?
I/we, ride as much as possible. Bought the bike with 1500 miles last June and it just turned 5000 miles this weekend. I live in Willits Ca. and rode to Yreka over the weekend, great ride.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey barefootbob. I live in Mt. Shasta. Would love to bump into you some time =)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I like it. Very nice looking. Where did you get it and what brand is the trunk?
Very nice job

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner but we've been in South Dakota, wish we where on the bike but no luck on that. This is where I got the trunk and cases MUTAZU Motorcycle Trunks they are a little flimsy so be prepared to do some fabricating. This is the rack I used BDD Custom Black Slot Luggage Rack for 2-Up Seats | ZZ38772 | J&P Cycles but because I have a Corbin 2 up seat I could only use the base so I used a aluminum plate on the inside of the case to stabilize it. The trunk rides low so I used the side opening side cases.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey barefootbob. I live in Mt. Shasta. Would love to bump into you some time =)
Anytime bro, we ride as much as possible. This weekend is the Redwood Run. I'm playing music at the Peg House today for a couple hrs. Normally I jam with the Kent Stephenson Band at the Dean Creek Resort right in the middle of the madness but not this year.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Bob,
How much does that bike weigh out at?
Very nice job!

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
18" front wheel goes straight on using same spacers, done that to mine for a better'feel' on the road. Had to lift front fender half inch to clear wider tyre but.
Looks a bit strange but rides better.
I'm using a Progressive 465 long on the rear.
And Progressive Springs and gold valves with drilled damping rods and 15W synthetic in the front.
MAGIC

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bob,
How much does that bike weigh out at?
Very nice job!
Haven't had it on a scale but I think this added 10 to 15 lb to the stock weight. This plastic stuff is not heavy but once to do the fabricating to make it ride the way you want it could add to the over all weight. I still might put some aluminum plating on the inside of the cases but I have everything pretty stable right now.

18" front wheel goes straight on using same spacers, done that to mine for a better'feel' on the road. Had to lift front fender half inch to clear wider tyre but.
Looks a bit strange but rides better.
I'm using a Progressive 465 long on the rear.
And Progressive Springs and gold valves with drilled damping rods and 15W synthetic in the front.
MAGIC
I've been considering a 18" front wheel, if you seen my other post or look up the Victory Vegas "evil 8" write up they got that bike handling real nice but I have to draw a line on how much to spend. Sooner then later I will sell this to get the Cross Country and I don't want to be to upside down in the bike. It works good now, it handles nice in the corners and rides nice and smooth. Putting the Hammer shock on made a world of difference.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
I didn't go upside down, just optimised what I already had,
It's in my post so won't repeat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts