Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
House is mostly empty and the truck is mostly full. Our move from Michigan to N. Carolina is beginning. Our bikes (XCT's) are already there awaiting our arrival.

G'day,

Vinish

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
House is mostly empty and the truck is mostly full. Our move from Michigan to N. Carolina is beginning. Our bikes (XCT's) are already there awaiting our arrival.

G'day,

Vinish
Snow is already starting here. The wisdom in your move will be fully revealed in a month. Sigh.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow lucky you...you are going to enjoy the riding season there a tad more then MI's...lol

Good luck and safe travels...

Rob

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Good luck and safe travels.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Made it to our destination in Xenia, OH for the night and then on to NC tomorrow.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Made it to our destination in Xenia, OH for the night and then on to NC tomorrow.

G'day,

Vinish
How is it going today?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We made it to our daughter's house in Apex, NC on Sunday at about 4:00. The drive went well. Our poor Mustang had never before seen any cold weather since we stored it during winters for its entire life. On the drive, we hit some sleet and evidence of a recent freezing rain at the peak of I77 in southern WV. I doubt there was any salt on the road by this point so no concerns about that but the two cars we drove down definitely need a bath. We will be here at my daughters for 3-4 days and then to our new place in Hendersonville, NC. The delay is awaiting the delivery of all of our stuff from Michigan by the movers. So far, so good. I even managed to find a local fitness facility/gym that gives 7-day free trial memberships so I can get my work-outs in for no cost while we are here in Apex.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
We made it to our daughter's house in Apex, NC on Sunday at about 4:00. The drive went well. Our poor Mustang had never before seen any cold weather since we stored it during winters for its entire life. On the drive, we hit some sleet and evidence of a recent freezing rain at the peak of I77 in southern WV. I doubt there was any salt on the road by this point so no concerns about that but the two cars we drove down definitely need a bath. We will be here at my daughters for 3-4 days and then to our new place in Hendersonville, NC. The delay is awaiting the delivery of all of our stuff from Michigan by the movers. So far, so good. I even managed to find a local fitness facility/gym that gives 7-day free trial memberships so I can get my work-outs in for no cost while we are here in Apex.

G'day,

Vinish
Nicely done ;)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New place is nothing too fancy. Smaller than our Michigan house and almost 2X the price :( It is in the mountains of NC and in a golfing community so that is nice. Many of the houses in the mountains are built on a slope. They look like a ranch from the street since the top floor is level with the street. The bottom floor (basement?) is open to the backyard and is mostly finished but with a large unfinished shop area. The back yard is a small ravine (oxymoron?) that goes way down to a tiny creek and is heavily wooded. I haven't done it yet but I'm sure that I can ride the bikes down the side yard, through the double French doors, and into the unfinished shop for either winter storage or to be worked on. The previous owners had a golf cart and put in two parallel paths of pavers from the driveway, through the side yard, and to these doors for their golf cart and this was the normal storage place for their cart.

The kitchen is a bit small. Definitely smaller than we are used to since most of our previous entertaining in our Mich. house was in the kitchen. The finished basement has a wet bar and I can put a small fridge nearby for beer so I suspect that the basement will be our locus of entertaining now. It has 3 BR/2 BA upstairs with one BR being a nice master suite. The basement has another bedroom and a semi-separated room with two twin beds where their grandkids slept when visiting. These will be ideal for our twin 3.5 year old granddaughters.

The house does NOT have a mountain view. We discovered that this typically costs a minimum of $50,000 if you can stretch and see one tiny bit of mountain from one window. For a full on long-distance mountain view from an expansive set of windows or a deck, the cost can be upwards of $200,000. I'm not talking the price of the house. This is the additional price just to get the view. We decided that a view was not worth the price.

There is a sun-room on the back of the house that is not climate controlled and a very wide but not deep deck. It is level with the upper floor but has stairs down to the lower level where there is a patio. It will be interesting to see how useful this deck is.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After five nights at my daughter and grandchildren's home in Apex, NC, we left there this morning for our new place in Hendersonville, NC. Got here in mid-afternoon and unloaded the cars. We then went and got the two XCT bikes from a friend's home three houses away from ours where they had been in storage for 1-3 months. Both roared to life at first press of the start button. They had been on Battery Tender Jr's during storage. We rode them home (all of three houses away :) ) and then unpacked a little bit of stuff. To dinner at the clubhouse restaurant, on to groceries and we are all set for the movers to deliver our stuff tomorrow. Then the unpleasant job of unpacking begins. We are excited to be here finally and looking forward to this new stage in our lives.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, my riding season is now 365 days a year minus rainy days. We will be in the mountains of NC 5-6 months of the year in summer and in central FL for the rest of the year.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Now go to Hawg Wild BBQ in Hendersonville and have some hush puppies for me. They have the best I have ever experienced.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Glad you made it down okay. Now for pictures! LOL

·
Registered
599 Posts
Grat's on arriving at your new world....enjoy the longer ride season...8)

Ride Safe,

Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts