Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Victory Motorcycles but not new to riding. I've been riding Harleys for over 20 years and I just made the switch to a Victory after considering it for over a year. I guess I couldn't get away from the "attitude or the legend" because the Harleys weren't really a good motorcycle in the long run. I spent tons of money on them but it never seemed to end on costly repairs at the stealership. I bought myself a 2013 Victory Cross Country 5 days ago and have put on 1200 miles and couldn't be happier. Its different than a Harley but its a good different. The dealer is real customer friendly and its a pleasure to do business with. A real breath of fresh air. Hopefully the Victory will be as good as I've benn told. Alot of fellow Harley riders are thinking about coming over and when we stop everyone comes over to check out my bike, not their Harleys. Hope to learn more on here about what works best on my new bike.

·
Registered
470 Posts
same thing here, tired of worn out shovels after 10,000 miles, evos that the drive pulley comes loose on and wrecks the mainshift under 10,000 miles, twincams that should have been re-called for timing tensioner problems, i bought a 2011 xr.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Hatchet and congrats on your purchase! Lots of good folks around here willing to help if you got questions. Don't forget to update your signature with bike model and throw a pic up when you get a chance. Glad to have ya on board....

Safe ridin

Timcheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello & welcome from Long Island, NY.

I'm sure your gonna love the XC

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
welcome and yes I understand..I got to the age of tired of fixin ****..tired of subpar items i buy for the house,shop and hunting and fishing..I needed something that I can just change oil and go and I got it..A Victory..

·
Registered
812 Posts
Never have been able to afford a Harley!!! But I have worked on my friend's enough.. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hatchet, Congrats!!!! I pick my new 2013 XC up this coming Sat. The Victory Dealer we deal with in Murrell's Inlet is a total breath of fresh air!!!!

Keep the dirty side down!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey SteveYacht, thats the same dealer I got my bike from. Tim and David are the best. They are really customer friendly. Which XC are you getting? Since you live in Little River, I'll probably see you around. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey SteveYacht, thats the same dealer I got my bike from. Tim and David are the best. They are really customer friendly. Which XC are you getting? Since you live in Little River, I'll probably see you around. Good luck to you.
Mine is the Nuclear Orange XC that was next to the Anti Freeze Green one. The guys there remind me of how things should be done!!! The other MC Dealers in that area could learn a bunch from them!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts