Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAH! Just kidding! I'm actually out of the Harley game after riding them exclusively since 1986. I just sold my road king and am looking for my next bike. A friend has a 2004 Vegas with 11K on the odometer. I can get it for $3000. I always wanted a victory and i like the bike. good deal or no? He's also got an '07 Hammer he's selling for $4000. (I hate to ask this on a forum, but), opinions?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you already had a Victory, it would make sense to hang onto it and keep riding it. However, you are asking about buying a Victory and I think that makes less sense. Polaris stopped making Victory bikes in Jan. 2017 and promised to keep parts available for 10 years but we read all the time on this forum about people having trouble finding some parts. As much as I love Victory bikes (I have four Victory Cross Country Tour bikes), I would be reluctant to buy another at this point.

Reactions: 53canuck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you already had a Victory, it would make sense to hang onto it and keep riding it. However, you are asking about buying a Victory and I think that makes less sense. Polaris stopped making Victory bikes in Jan. 2017 and promised to keep parts available for 10 years but we read all the time on this forum about people having trouble finding some parts. As much as I love Victory bikes (I have four Victory Cross Country Tour bikes), I would be reluctant to buy another at this point.
I know they dropped the Victory line, and that was a mistake, but I still like the bikes. But that's something to consider.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I dunno, I think I'd say the opposite of Vinish; they're such great bikes, and usually reliable as all get-out, engine-wise...

I bought my most recent Victory last year (it's my third), and I have no regrets.

if I were looking right now, I’d seriously consider either of the bikes you described.

Reactions: Motorbikerx

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know they dropped the Victory line, and that was a mistake, but I still like the bikes. But that's something to consider.
I think both bikes are a good deal. In my opinion I have never not brought a bike because it was out of production. As good as the Victory is I am keeping my 2004 Vegas and plan on riding the hell out of it. Just my opinion, good luck

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Either one would be a good buy. Most the people having trouble finding parts have the early pre-Freedom engine Victory's (1999-2002). I plan on riding my two indefinitely. True, not as much as when I was younger, but still racking up the miles.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I'm getting my Cross Country out for the first time in five months, been riding the Rocket a lot.

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Dont scare us!!! with titles like that!
Yeah I own an 010 Vegas and 010 XC and would buy another tomorrow if it was a good deal.
A friend actually just had me check out an 012 Vegas 8ball he seen for sale online, it was local in great cond.
Had some tasty mods and lowish 40thousand kms.
Looked and rode great and we got him down a K on his asking, and got him to throw 6 months rego on it too,
Ive just swapped the controls on my Vegas over onto his 8ball as hes short legged and Ive now got his bikes 4" over forward conrols on my Vegas.
Dont let any doomers sway you away from the best bike on the planet.
Victory- We Ride- On!

Reactions: otab

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,662 Posts
Required to have parts available for all bikes for sale at time of closure. The older models get screwed. No new parts will ever be available for those. You can buy everything for a cross bike but VIN number verification is required on some stuff from my understanding because they don't want people buying parts to build hydraulic clutch kits etc.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The biggest consideration here is "If it's a good deal". If the money is a big consideration then I'd have to go with Vinish. Why in hell would anyone spend tight money on a product that is questionable for one of many reasons? On the other hand, if you've got a few grand that's burning a hole in your pocket because it really doesn't matter then you couldn't get a better bike to waste your money on. That amount is different for all of us. Some here already have two or more bikes/cars/hobbies so it's easier for some.

In my opinion, whether it lasts one year or another ten you'll have a blast on one of these things. Keep in mind though that it's now a BIC lighter. When it's done it's over.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The biggest consideration here is "If it's a good deal". If the money is a big consideration then I'd have to go with Vinish. Why in hell would anyone spend tight money on a product that is questionable for one of many reasons? On the other hand, if you've got a few grand that's burning a hole in your pocket because it really doesn't matter then you couldn't get a better bike to waste your money on. That amount is different for all of us. Some here already have two or more bikes/cars/hobbies so it's easier for some.

In my opinion, whether it lasts one year or another ten you'll have a blast on one of these things. Keep in mind though that it's now a BIC lighter. When it's done it's over.
Yes sir 53C, ride it till it is done. Enjoy the moment,

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Both scooters are a good deal, go for it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
See, I gotta go with 'if money is tight' then you can't BUY A better bike for 3 or 4 thousand. I can't speak to the condition of either bike obviously but aside from things that age on any bike like rubber bits and what not there's no reason you couldn't get YEARS of riding those vics. The only other issue you could speak to would be customization, those kinds of things are a little harder to come by nowadays, but for 3 Grand how can you go wrong???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I found a good deal, under $4K, 2010 Vegas low with about 8000 miles in it and I brought it home last night, it need some maintainence, and LTC but otherwise it’s in amazing condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See, I gotta go with 'if money is tight' then you can't BUY A better bike for 3 or 4 thousand. I can't speak to the condition of either bike obviously but aside from things that age on any bike like rubber bits and what not there's no reason you couldn't get YEARS of riding those vics. The only other issue you could speak to would be customization, those kinds of things are a little harder to come by nowadays, but for 3 Grand how can you go wrong???
Found a 2010, 8k miles for just under $4000. Brought it home last night

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found a good deal, under $4K, 2010 Vegas low with about 8000 miles in it and I brought it home last night, it need some maintainence, and LTC but otherwise it’s in amazing condition.
Sorry “TLC”, not “LTC”.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts