Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a way to fix the 2 outer fairing tabs that plug into the 2 holes in the frame bracket. the very end of both had lil tips that slipped into the 2 holes both broke off at the very end of each. i think is causing vibes at high speeds making me have to slow down.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
Guessing you had 6.5 speakers? Those brackets put stress on those tabs forcing fairing into holes.

Maybe a small hose clamp around tab with small metal bar to extend it. I think it's flat enough to make that work.

I've read older posts that people have those tabs broken without any fuss so not even sure if that is your issue.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guessing you had 6.5 speakers? Those brackets put stress on those tabs forcing fairing into holes.

Maybe a small hose clamp around tab with small metal bar to extend it. I think it's flat enough to make that work.

I've read older posts that people have those tabs broken without any fuss so not even sure if that is your issue.
the very end that is supposed to latch into the hole broke off. no on the 6.5 speakers. i have 5.25

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have any idea of what im talking about. its the 2 tabs that are on the inside of the outer faireing that plugs into the 2 holes on the faireing frame. you have to lift it just a lil bit to pull the outer faring off.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for me i get vibes when at higher speeds. above 90 i think is when they start.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have the touring. when i was doing some stereo work a few dif times i didnt remove it like i should have and ended up breaking off the very tip of the tabs.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I have madstad brackets on mine. I thought they might be part of the problem but maybe not? No one else seems to be having this issue with them.
I'd love to figure it out.

My tabs are intact as far as I know.
My next step is to re torque the neck bearings incase they didn't seat correctly on initial assembl and have settled. I'm going to change the bars when I have time and plan to do it then. The neck seems tight enough but Perhaps it isn't. I bought the tool, just haven't used it yet. Let me know if you figure something out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when taking the outer fareing off you have to lift a lil bit to get them to come out.i didnt fully get them high enough and pulled and broke them.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Thanks
I'll try not to let that happen.
Abs plastic welds pretty well. Forms pretty easily. You use a wet rag or spray bottle to
freeze it once you get the shape you want.
Most body shops should have a hot air welder. They work the best.
Harbor freight sells one. I have no idea how good it is.
Ski shops will have the welder but you might have to supply the filler material.
They use a different plastic, but the same welder to do their repairs.
Same with shops that build pvc tanks for plating or chemical baths.

Sheets of abs in different thicknesses on amazon. It might be option if no other fix is available.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Do post if you figure it out as to what is causing the shake above 90.
My bike has pretty much always done this to some extent. When I get back to it I'll be changing the handlebars if life doesn't present any more emergencies and I will check those tabs to be sure mine are indeed intact. Thanks and good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts