Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of sounding like a full on tard where is the ambient outside temp sensor that feeds the dash readout on the XC? I can't seem to find any info in th efull shop manual or elsewhere.

·
Registered
105 Posts
With the outer fairing removed, facing the headlight it is on the right side. Between the speaker enclosure and the inner fairing. Sorry no Pictures. I had my outer fairing off last month to upgrade the audio. I'll see if I can dig up a photo.

DUG One UP!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
I am surprised Polaris didn't mount it above the engine !:ltr:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Salty says "NO SCHOOL FOSTER-GLOSTER"

Sorry couldn't help myself.

·
13,188 Posts
if you do find it and can put it in the outside air it will be 98% accurate

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Added the ambient sensor on my XR, and I believe I followed the install instructions and installed it underneath the left side front turn signal. If you take a peak under the front turn signals, you will see they are an upside-down U-shape, providing excellent shelter for the sensor, and leaving it open to the the ambient air. Works great, and the readings are accurate within +/- 1°F.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I moved mine a while back to inside the left speaker grill, it will read hot while sitting in the sun but once up and moving it seems to be within 1 degree + or - with four other guys I ride with. One Victory and the rest Goldwings. Next time I have the fairing apart I might move it again or not .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts