Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
A left hand drive version of that needs to be shown before every movie and on every TV channel until there are no more phone generated crashes. Even if it takes an eternity.

·
Registered
450 Posts
And.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was staged anyway. Either that or every single person in the theatre is an absolute jerk for ALL of them having their ringers turned up.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
That's how Pavlov conditioned his dogs.:)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You subscribe to them....
Actually that changed in 2013.

Wireless Emergency Alert

Prior to Wireless Emergency Alert, the public could receive AMBER Alerts on their mobile devices through the Wireless AMBER Alert™ program. This was an initiative of CTIA-The Wireless Association®, The Wireless Foundation™, The U.S. Department of Justice, The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and Syniverse. It was an SMS text-based system, where members of the public were required to sign up online and designate the areas they wanted to receive alerts for. They would then only receive alerts for the designated areas regardless of where they were physically located. This system was an important evolution in the AMBER Alert program, but as of December 31, 2012 it was retired in favor of the Wireless Emergency Alert.
and

AMBER Alert

As of January 1, 2013, AMBER Alerts™ will now be automatically sent through the Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) program to millions of cell phone users. If you have a WEA-enabled phone, you are automatically enrolled for the three alerts: President, Imminent Threat and AMBER Alerts. The addition of AMBER Alerts to this notification system is a result of a partnership between CTIA and the wireless industry, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was staged anyway. Either that or every single person in the theatre is an absolute jerk for ALL of them having their ringers turned up.
Maybe, but not everyone answered a phone, and some buzzed. I don't think it was staged but I don't see enough evidence to say that I am 100% sure either way. Besides, never underestimate the capability of John Q. Public to show how much of a jerk he can be :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts