Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a sissy bar bag that fits over the rear seat backrest and sits on luggage rack (I do NOT have the trunk). The issue we run into is that the backrest is so big I have not been able to find a bag that has a large enough "holder" to go over the backrest. I have been using my old bag and using straps to go around backrest, but it is just not secure and tight like it is on my Vstar 1300 where it fits over the backrest and tightens nicely.

I have searched pretty extensively on this thread, online and in stores looking for a bag that will fit.

Does anyone have a sissy bar/rear luggage that fits over the backrest?

Thanks for the help/

Scott K.
2013 XC.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have this bag and use it a LOT!! It can be strapped into place using only 2 clips. I has a sleeve on bottom that slides over the trunk rack to help hold it in place.

It's not leather...it's vinyl. Not the prettiest bag out there, but it does what it's supposed to do, and while moderately expensive (almost all gear is)...its great for a couple of the bulky items. I use mine more for shoes, boots, rain suit, etc. Not necessarily for PACKED CLOTHES.

Would I buy it again. Yep, in my case I would.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw one at Victory of Mesa last year specifically designed to fit the Cross bike or Vision luggage rack.

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/accessories/touring-luggage-rack-bag/pid-2859897

Almost bought it, but couldn't really justify the $160 at the time. I don't believe it looked quite exactly like this, but it was a while ago.
I have looked at that one before. But I do NOT have the trunk, this one is designed to go on top of the trunk. I just have the luggage rack.

Scott.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm sorry, you are right! Man...thought I found it.

At any rate, I swear Victory of Mesa had one...i remember it had a slot on the bottom so you could slide it onto the luggage rack and straps to secure it to the backrest...I'll see what I can find, cuz now it'll bug me till I know for sure.

at least that explains why the one I found didn't look like how I remembered.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I have looked at that one before. But I do NOT have the trunk, this one is designed to go on top of the trunk. I just have the luggage rack.

Scott.
I also have this one and YES it fits on the Vic luggage rack as that's what I have. If your dealer has one, try it out--its a speedy and clever securing arrangement. Honda East Toledo gives us a 20% discount, making that Vic bag a lot less.
For greater capacity I have a tall Saddlemen bag and made my own securing system for it due to the problem you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Kuryakyn, Saddleman and a couple others make rack bags with a 2-3" wide velcro strap that goes under your backrest. I put a bunch of miles of a Kury bag and a few 1000 on a Saddleman bag. Note that both of the ones I've used are barrel bags and have very good capacity.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts