Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got nothing big planned...really :p. but I'm curious as to what other people are planning to do with there bikes.
I'm going to need new plugs and I might change to colored wires while I'm at it. I also will be doing a fork oil and tire change in another 5k. I'll be ordering the stuff for these but that's all that is on my list for next season.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I plan on riding till the snow falls, Then riding my Tri-Glide all winter... As far as working on my Gunner nothing' just fill the tank to the very top add some stal-bul, Plug in the battery tender... And thats it..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I need tires , FRONT AND REAR , I would like a set of bag guards powder coated black of course , I want to get some brake pads to have on hand , fork oil change while front wheel is off , a real lift for my garage , new bars , figure out why I have no AM /FM reception , add a garage door opener , and do a serious 20,000 mile go over .

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Riding all winter since I will be in Florida but plan to do the following:
-Install mount and wiring for Victory branded Zumo GPS
-Install Lloydz ATS
-Install Lloydz, 1/4 turn throttle ring
-Remove wheels and take them to local independent shop to have new tires mounted/balanced (ME888's)
-Adjust belt to proper tension using new tension measuring tool and then adjust tracking of belt (again)
-Install Lloydz air filter
-Install PCV
-Take bike to KevinX's shop near Gainsville for a dynotune

I figure this is plenty of work. I plan to install the Zumo mount on Oct. 3rd which is immediately after I arrive in Florida (Oct. 2nd) so that I can use it on a ride on Oct. 5th. The ATS, 1/4 turn, air filter, and PCV will be done the weekend of Oct. 10-11. The tires will be done sometime the week of Oct. 5-9. The dynotune will have to be scheduled but I hope to do it sometime in the second half of Oct. By the end of Oct, I hope to have everthing done and be ready to roll - "Good lord willin' and the crick don't rise".

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on riding till the snow falls
That's just a given..... I'm hoping to get to the end of November.

I have heat wrap for my exhaust, but at this point there is no sense in wrapping it, so this will wait for spring.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
-Install mount and wiring for Victory branded Zumo GPS
This just reminded me I also want the new TomTom GPS that just came out ....

I have heat wrap for my exhaust, but at this point there is no sense in wrapping it, so this will wait for spring.
And it wont help one iota with the heat . Waste of time and a lot of work for nothing .... IMO , but you will do it anyway and then tell me you should have listened ....:wink

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I need tires , FRONT AND REAR , I would like a set of bag guards powder coated black of course , I want to get some brake pads to have on hand , fork oil change while front wheel is off , a real lift for my garage , new bars , figure out why I have no AM /FM reception , add a garage door opener , and do a serious 20,000 mile go over .

You have an HID light Mags?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Amp interference perhaps ? I do not know ....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Lloydz drop-in cams for the XR. Rode my brothers bike with them in it .. I was hooked.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
1) Finish my audio obsession/project! Lol

2) Install Vicbaggers backbone 23" wheel and matching forged rear wheel.

3) Upgrade the rear shock to make easily adjustable and ride better.

4) Replace/upgrade fork oil or internals my Magnum front end feels much more squishy/softer compared to my Cross Roads

5) Install underdrive pulley to get more low end grunt.

6) Have a trunk custom painted to match or purchase the Corbin aftermarket trunk can't decide. Taking the wife on a month long tour next July!

I'm sure there's more! Lol

·
Registered
12,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm one of the few Canadian$ on here who can ride all year long. I don't normally keep in$urance for November to February becau$e I hate riding in the con$tant rain. And I mean con$tant. 24/7.

Plan$ for the la$t year have all been put on the back burner due to the very low currency exchange rate. I pre$ently have to add 30% to everything I'm thinking of buying then add outrageou$ $hipping charge$. Had thing$ been more on par a$ they have been in the pa$t my adjustment$ to the bike likely would have been:

1. Lloydz air filter. $400
2. LED $ignal light$. $200
3. $addlebag$ (vinyl). $460
4. MRA wind$hiled. $200

My plain-Jane OEM paint need$ a little zing too that I've been contemplating for a couple of year$ but life keep$ getting in the way. $imple graphic$ are in the $2k range.

When I wa$ working full time prior to retirement there were option$ and $hiny bits going on my la$t bike ju$t about every month. The hobby part for me i$n't putting all this $tuff on my bike anymore. For now it'$ looking in the catalogue$.

Maybe I'll buy my$elf $omething for Christmas if I'm good.:angel

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
Is your $ key stuck? :D :D

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll be considering
- a custom paint job on my Highball. As cool as the black looks, I'm getting bored with it.
- a new seat is definitely a must before next Spring.
- Lloydz ATS and a Dyno tune.

As 53Canuck said, the poor Canadian dollar is preventing me from doing anything cool.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've got nothing big planned...really :p. but I'm curious as to what other people are planning to do with there bikes.
I'm going to need new plugs and I might change to colored wires while I'm at it. I also will be doing a fork oil and tire change in another 5k. I'll be ordering the stuff for these but that's all that is on my list for next season.
1st off ...hush on the winter talk ..... plenty of decent riding time left in the season...no need to wish it away any sooner than need... ;)

....but to answer your Q .... my scoot will go back to Lloydz (it's winter home ) to have him beef up the bottom end of the motor .....
...I just hope he doesn't try to talk me into new pistons ....

Peter

·
Registered
108 Posts
Simple winter mods, new front tire and mini ape handlebars. Last winter did the HID headlight, amp, and Goody did flames on the tops of my saddlebags.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I am just going to be putting on a timing wheel and bleed my brakes and take it to the shop for new tires. I can easily ride year around and I actually ride as much in January as I do in July. I am going to get back to my 1973 Kawi 2 stroke that I started on a couple of years ago. People laughed when I posted it on here but she now runs really good, just need to get it back street legal again.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Change the batteries in my Warm 'n Safe Heat Troller and Velcro it onto the dash, change the clothing that I have in the saddle bag from summer winter gear. Then keep on riding.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts