Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know of a competent tuner for Vic's with a Dyno in the area? It would be nice to able to get to one in under a day.

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Any one know of a competent tuner for Vic's with a Dyno in the area? It would be nice to able to get to one in under a day.
Seems we are Victory orphans here on the leftist coast.:mad:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More money to be made by all the Dyno owners in the area focusing on a single manufacturer. You'd think at least one could figure out how to tune a different bike though. Perhaps if enough Vic's get sold in the area there might be one available here for he next generation.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've been in contact with this co and they've dyno'd several Vics.

http://www.dencocycle.com/

As for Jarz performance, I've tried several times to contact them, albeit by email only, and never received a response.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I've been in contact with this co and they've dyno'd several Vics.

http://www.dencocycle.com/
Just an update ... I have an appointment this Saturday to have my bike Dyno'd. Their price quoted to me is $400.

I'll follow up with results and review of their service.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Finally got around to getting the dyno tune done.

Denco has a large, well equipped facility. The folks there are great to deal with. Not sure what you guys south of the border pay for a dyno tune but it cost me $400 which is a tad higher than another place I checked but $100 less than Jarz.

Scan-150308-0001.jpg

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info gents. You certainly wouldn't be able to tell from their own advertising but I'll contact them when needed.

Lessons learned from past experiences from existing tuners who can only do HD. Encountered some real a$$holes so I don't even bother with them anymore unless they specifically list other models they are competent on.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discovered after I got out for a good long ride that I am now getting some pinging between appx 2200 & 2400 rpm if I give too much throttle.

They're going to redo it whenever I can get it back to them. Probably too much advance timing.

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
Discovered after I got out for a good long ride that I am now getting some pinging between appx 2200 & 2400 rpm if I give too much throttle.

They're going to redo it whenever I can get it back to them. Probably too much advance timing.
Gas looses its volatility over time, starting at about 30 days. If what you have in the tank is older, top 'er up with fresh. Oh, and downshift when you want to accelerate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts