Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I seem to remember seeing a kind of metal pad you could attach to the underside (outer edge) of your floorboards to protect the floorboards from damage. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw them.

Secondly, anyone know where I might be able to find something similar for the lower corner of the highway crash bars as well?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I know some folks doing the Ride Like a Pro course will put leather wraps on their crash bars. I believe they even sell them on their website. Unfortunately, all the ones I've seen are for tubular bars and would be much too small for the forged bars.

Now there is an item on the Victory Police Motorcycles website that is called "Chrome Forged Highway Bar Covers", but the associated picture is of an entire bike and I've never been able to figure out what exactly the item is that they're advertising. It might be something like what you're looking for, or it could be chrome top covers to replace the painted ones that come on an XC. I'm not really sure.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Flotation noodles and duck tape cheap fix

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I know some folks doing the Ride Like a Pro course will put leather wraps on their crash bars. I believe they even sell them on their website. Unfortunately, all the ones I've seen are for tubular bars and would be much too small for the forged bars.

Now there is an item on the Victory Police Motorcycles website that is called "Chrome Forged Highway Bar Covers", but the associated picture is of an entire bike and I've never been able to figure out what exactly the item is that they're advertising. It might be something like what you're looking for, or it could be chrome top covers to replace the painted ones that come on an XC. I'm not really sure.
I'm pretty sure those are 6" chrome replacements for the painted tops of your forged bars...

I have the Victory Police bottom skids for my floorboards. They are the only part of my bike that actually scrapes in tight 180 degree turns...

If I lay my bike down gently, only they and my saddlebag rails (protectors) are touching the ground. That might be different in a 5-10mph fall...

Leather, split garden hose/gorilla tape would work on the bag protectors and forged bars too. You only need a few inches of it towards the ground...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Here's my recent install on a 2012 XCT. When I lay mine down 3 things touch. The rear saddle bag guards, the floor boards and the front engine guard. When I do the monthly cone courses I wrap the saddle bag and engine guards with a 1" I.D. clear hoses from the plumbing section at home depot and wire tie them on. I put a 1' section on the saddle bag guards and a 6" section on the engine guard. I use a longer than needed piece on the saddle bag bars so I can place the wire ties and not worry about them rubbing on the saddle bags.

To split the hose, I clap it in a vise tighly then use a razor to cut it. This keeps the line nice and straight.

BEWARE that you need to make sure the wire ties aren't actually touching the saddle bags or the wire ties will rub off like it did me. I used black wire ties (on a pearl white bike) and had to scrubb like crazy to get it off.

I wish someone would make replaceable skids for the saddle bag and engine guards.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=86601&highlight=skid+plate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts