Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone of you faced with this paint issue on your Octane or any Victory models?

It seems like paint quality issue bc its only on the cover and not on any other part of the engine or the right side cover.

I know some Triumph bike have similar issue but I have not heard of any Victory owners having same paint issue.

The bike is just 4 years old.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Never seen this on victory bikes, did you buy the bike new or second hand ? If second hand maybe it's revipainted ?

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,980 Posts
Makes me wonder if something was spilled on it.
I'll echo the above are you the first owner?

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Yeah I would question whether it got some kind of chemical on it. Do you live on a coast, salt air can eat up the metal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gentlemen, sorry for the very late reply. Was super busy with work for the week.

Actually I am very keen on getting this very rare Octane in Singapore. Probably there are only 4 Octane on our shore.

The mileage on the bike has about 17 000 miles on it and he is selling for about 6800 USD. The seller doesn't know much about the bike and it had a layer of dust on it when i viewed the bike. The engine runs well and i didn't manage to get the engine warm enough for the fan to come on, in order to test it. However I noted that the bike didnt respond well to low rpm (below 2k) but ok when i throttle more, i contribute that probably to the old fuel in the tank.

I can probably take it off and send it for ceramic coating during the next servicing. But just curious if anyone had any similar issue. Its only at the left over, the right cover and other parts of the engine doesnt have the blistering issue.

I rode my friend's X1 when I was staying in States and i love it. But over here in Singapore there is only a dealer that brings in Victory but not much support. I probably know more about the bike than their tech staff. That why I intend to do all the work on it myself.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,980 Posts
Really just depends if you are okay with having damaged paint if it's not something you can repair.

Does look like it's just something that was spilled on it and lifted the paint/powder coating.

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Gentlemen, sorry for the very late reply. Was super busy with work for the week.

Actually I am very keen on getting this very rare Octane in Singapore. Probably there are only 4 Octane on our shore.

The mileage on the bike has about 17 000 miles on it and he is selling for about 6800 USD. The seller doesn't know much about the bike and it had a layer of dust on it when i viewed the bike. The engine runs well and i didn't manage to get the engine warm enough for the fan to come on, in order to test it. However I noted that the bike didnt respond well to low rpm (below 2k) but ok when i throttle more, i contribute that probably to the old fuel in the tank.

I can probably take it off and send it for ceramic coating during the next servicing. But just curious if anyone had any similar issue. Its only at the left over, the right cover and other parts of the engine doesnt have the blistering issue.

I rode my friend's X1 when I was staying in States and i love it. But over here in Singapore there is only a dealer that brings in Victory but not much support. I probably know more about the bike than their tech staff. That why I intend to do all the work on it myself.
Hey neighbor ... I'm in Batam Island

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Wow... Batam island is the last place I ever thought of seeing a Victory !
Actually victory was in Batam - Jakarta - Bali before S'pore, also the Jakarta Police bought 100 victory CCT & Visions at the time ... then a wearhouse opened in S'pore, shipping reasons only, then only a victory sales shop .... In Batam sadly only 16 victorys were sold in Batam

There was another member on this forum with a vic from S'pore

Also I have seen Victorys in UAE, that was so awsome ....

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thats a chemical reaction. Could have happened at the factory. If a chemical cant cure or breath through the paint. Heat will eventually help to get the job done. Sometimes there are consequences. There are a lot of chemicals used in the process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts