Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '11 XC in the Royal Blue. Recently my wife and I were in an accident. I won't bore you with the details, we will both fully recovered.

My bike also has a tour Pak. It ended flipping over as we were high sided. Damage was minimal, broken windshield and some pretty good scratches.

The fairing has two scrapes, one about 7 inches right down to the fairing material, the other is smaller and not as deep. 3 inch scrape on one of the bag lids, small scrape on trunk lid where it meets the backrest. Backrest is torn on the corner.

The forged bar took a hard hit but held up, I looked up chrome repair on the Internet and I think I can tackle it. It won't be perfect but that ok. The bag protecter got scraped up on the bottom. The crash bars saved the bike for sure.

My question is what's best way to repair the paint. All suggestions would be appreciate.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well you can try some touch up from a couple places. Depends on how you think you skills are or how big a job it is. Personally I have not had great success with touch ups.
Color Rite I looked thur this site and a 11 XCT dont show a Blue
Touch up direct
Cycle color

·
Registered
280 Posts
Based on description, I really dont think touch up paint is going to do the job. Take it to a shop that specializes in bikes, unless your familiar with the body work necessary, in which case order the paint through Vic or whoever you want and have after it.

Sorry to hear about the accident and glad to hear ya'll will recuperate, the bike can be replaced or fixed, people, not so much.

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
I agree with the others. A touch up won't work very well. A paint shop will need to repaint the various parts after doing some body work and prep.

BTW; the 2011 XC didn't have a Royal Blue that I can remember. They did have an Imperial Blue which is what I have. You have to buy that through the dealer. Probably because it's a proprietary blend with metallic. I always did like the way it pops in the sun but looks subdued in the shade or at night.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
When I purchased my bike two years ago(used with 6k mile on it) the original owner dinged the right side bag and used touch up to repair it. I'm used to those scars now, but they look bad and awful too.... ;)
If you plan on keeping the bike and care about the looks I'd say have it professionally repaired.

·
13,003 Posts
go to a pro don't waist your time when they can do it right the first time

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Hi, I did a similar thing a while back. Trust me, you don't want to fix that with touch up paint. I decided to do a few extra paint mods while I was at it. You should be able to get your paint color through Witchdoctors. A quart will do you. That will cost a little over $100. Since I had to get it done, I got my inside dash and the metal side pieces that hold in the front grill done at the same time. Jon at Witchdoctors has a video that will show how to take the fairing apart. The metal sides are easy to figure out. I took the parts off, and took them to my local paint shop with the paint I bought. Victory doesn't list their paint codes (or didn't). For a couple hundred total, I got my fairing repaired and some customization. Good luck!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My bike has one stone chip spot on front fender. the PO "touched it up" and to me you can see it almost easire than if he would have just took a sharpie and dab the chip and clear fingernail polish over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts