Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I attempted to "paint" my 7Jurock shield on my XCT that covers the mounting brackets. It came out "OK" but I was wondering what Victory uses on their stock monster shield. It almost looks like a sticker. Any ideas? Any pics?

Brad

·
Registered
173 Posts
Blowndodge,
Someone went to a sign shop and had vinyl stickers cut out to go on windshield to look like stock, might be a good bet. I would trace bracket face onto paper and have them cut one normal and one flipped. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That was me that went to a sign shop. I am EXTREMELY happy with that choice. Same as OEM decal ... only way to tell the difference is that the OEM decal has a small border of gradient dots...other than that...mine is the same.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=70018

OK...first to answer a question. YES, on the OEM shield it is a decal on the inside of the shield.

So what did I do when I bought a PLAIN shield but did not want the brackets to show...

Well, first I have looked at NUMEROUS windshields and windshield systems including Cee Bailey's several times. But I always ruled Cee Bailey's out because I did NOT want my brackets to show through the shield. I even went as far as to buy the MadStad brackets and windshield...Extremely well made...but I didn't like it on my bike (the looks).

I tried TRACING the decal on the OEM shield, but while I could get close...I was never happy. Finally I decided to go to a local sign shop. They took me right in...took my shield, one guy held it as flat as he could get it on photocopier and the other guy copied it into Photoshop...in just a few minutes...he had a perfect decal that went on the inside of the shield.

Here's some not so flattering shots...but I am 110% HAPPY...they look GREAT!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts