Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Paint

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Frank Spencer 
#1 ·
Spoke to a young woman today about paint for vic. Assuming it is base coat clear coat Napa can make the paint. It can begin most any size even two part catalyzed clear. I will have to bring a sample Dont know on price

#3 · (Edited)
More paint

Base coat/clear coat was what I found for my 15 Gunner. I wanted a Judge fender on the Gunner, a bit longer, which was the reason for the project. My Victory shop manual had a paint color code # for most of the colors other than the one for my bike, so I bought the paint from a Vic dealer - $$$ - rattle cans. The color coat went on well enough, but the flat clear coat didn't work out. My understanding was that the flat clear coat dried hard, but mine actually shrunk and cracked, something I have never seen before. I'm no painter so maybe I messed up. Either way, I now have a color # and can drop the thing off at a real painter's shop - after some more time and a bit of sanding.

Good luck with the project.

Happy holidays with a new year full of miles and smiles.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.