Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted the lower grill and I am not 100% sure on it but it is growing on me. My wife says it looks great. I only have about 20.00 in it and have a couple of extra grills so figured I would run by the masses. So far I have ridden about 200 miles with it without any major rock chips

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice, Vince. I love it. Ditto what BBob said.

This may help to keep your grill looking nicer longer. Look at the bottom of the grill in these two pics and you'll see a little deflector. That's the smallest you can go for something attached to the grill to keep 95% of the crap off of it, at least for my 21" Magnum wheel. I say attached to the grill cause I didn't want to do a fender flap. I progressively decreased the size til it stopped working well and had to make a new one. A driveway covered in mulberries and local road improvement projects necessitated it.

Here's the part trimmed and drilled. Don't have the dimensions for you. The curve was added cause flat looks boring. Gotta have a little flair.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Your bike is looking really good Jim! I like the "Spade" on the grill. I was mildly surprised it wasn't a "Diamond" befitting your name but it does match your logo. The mild orange trim sprinkled here and there really stands out to break up the more low key black and silver.

It took me a minute to realize the road debris deflector you posted was mounted horizontally and not below the "Spade". Great idea. Lots of people live off dirt roads who could really use a good product like this. @depot picker comes to mind.

Are those white reflectors on the fork shields? Good looking Shepard in the background! Nice yard too...

Do you have a website where you offer these products? You should put it in your sig line if so.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jim I like that flap and wish I had the skills the proper tools to make one look that good.

Bob here is is website sadly for me he isn't selling the flaps. He makes some high quality products at reasonable prices.

https://www.badacebillet.com/

·
Registered
157 Posts
Jim I like that flap and wish I had the skills the proper tools to make one look that good.

Bob here is is website sadly for me he isn't selling the flaps. He makes some high quality products at reasonable prices.

https://www.badacebillet.com/
We can start making these. It's funny how Paul and I approach parts. He does all the CNC parts but likes to be challenged by making stuff that isn't already available, or personalizing it, or somehow doing something new and different, or even make an existing part more efficiently and offering it at a more competitive price, or all the above. But at the core of it all is the challenge. I, on the other hand, love the R&D of parts that solve unique problems with a personal solution so that the end result is what I call "elegant simplicity". That is my challenge. The rear brake fluid reservoir snap-on cover and tank lifts are good examples. My personal solutions don't always translate well to easy duplication. The grill deflector does so it's fairly easy to get to market. We'll scan it, CAD it, machine the blanks and I'll make the dies for molding and a fitment testing gauge. Will take a few weeks as I'm presently at my mother's helping her. She had knee replacement surgery this past Monday. The time sitting around allows me to post more as such.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my painter apply a vinyl strip to the bottom middle chin fairing. You can't even see it.

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts