Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted the outer sides of the spoiler and left the middle back. I like the color contrast but it obviously doesn't match perfectly ( pearl white vs. white ). I'm going to get the color code and have a local painter see if he can match. Would have taken the pics outside but it's been raining here all day.

Attachments

·
13,003 Posts
Great Job all bike should be looking like your.

3M has a paint proctor film. Lot of body shops or specialty details do it. That would save you paint from rock and chips

·
Registered
145 Posts
Prep

Curious as to what prep work did you do for painting the spoiler? What work needs to be done for the center chin spoiler?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think it looks great. Maybe the pictures don't show it we'll. sometimes the slight contrast offers just a enough difference for the Pearl to stand out.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious as to what prep work did you do for painting the spoiler? What work needs to be done for the center chin spoiler?

All I did was clean it with alcohol, it's a rough texture so I'm not sure how'd you sand it even if you wanted to. As far as painting the middle part I didn't do that because the black exhaust shield ( through the cut out ) would still show through and I thought it would look funny.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like the look. I am presently working with my painter and he was wondering how to prep the chin spoiler and mentioned texture might be an issue. You solved that for me with your pics and reply....... thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks awesome !!!

Peter

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Your making it better by the day, You make be want to paint mine Good Job. Not to get off topic any issues with your bike after lowering it. Just lowered mine 2" then raised it to 1.5 after the post from the other day.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i got my paint from victory's vendor. the sides are metal so
just sand the texture down, epoxy prime and paint. i left
my center black because i was afraid it it would chip too easy.
i use ppg products at my shop. your white pearl should be a tricoat
color. very nice looking bike.
so far the sides have been painted for 2 years and no probs.
the paint compay is-midwest industrial coatings. i talked to
tom. ph--952-252-2000. at least it worked in 2012.

hmm. white pearl in pearland!

·
Registered
355 Posts
the sides were easy to smooth out with a da. I wanted the center painted but my dad was concerned about getting it to stick and not chip off. ive found its constantly got road tar on it and takes a beating while being cleaned, and rode. glad dad convinced me to leave it alone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your making it better by the day, You make be want to paint mine Good Job. Not to get off topic any issues with your bike after lowering it. Just lowered mine 2" then raised it to 1.5 after the post from the other day.
No issues at all, but keep in mind I've only had it lowered for a little over a week. I have no plans to change though.

i got my paint from victory's vendor. the sides are metal so
just sand the texture down, epoxy prime and paint. i left
my center black because i was afraid it it would chip too easy.
i use ppg products at my shop. your white pearl should be a tricoat
color. very nice looking bike.
so far the sides have been painted for 2 years and no probs.
the paint compay is-midwest industrial coatings. i talked to
tom. ph--952-252-2000. at least it worked in 2012.

hmm. white pearl in pearland!

irv - I'm going to call today and ask but does the paint come in a rattle can or will I have to have a paint gun set up?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
lowered XC

I here you brother keep me informed if you see any problem on the horizon. thumb up

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
No issues at all, but keep in mind I've only had it lowered for a little over a week. I have no plans to change though.

irv - I'm going to call today and ask but does the paint come in a rattle can or will I have to have a paint gun set up?
dont know about spray cans. the basecoat comes in qts with the
activator and you supply the clear. it has to be cleared. yours is
a white base and a tinted pearl midcoat then the clear goes on.
work your sanding to no less than a 320 or 400 grit finish before
priming. i also had concern with the center section and left the contrast. that plastic requires an adhesion promoter before prime or
painting. yours looks great w/the black center. breaks it up.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
B e a u t i f u l

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
dont know about spray cans. the basecoat comes in qts with the
activator and you supply the clear. it has to be cleared. yours is
a white base and a tinted pearl midcoat then the clear goes on.
work your sanding to no less than a 320 or 400 grit finish before
priming. i also had concern with the center section and left the contrast. that plastic requires an adhesion promoter before prime or
painting. yours looks great w/the black center. breaks it up.

Took the bike to a real painter today and he is going to re-do them for me. It will take him about 2 weeks to get the paint and he is going to charge me $200. Sounds like a fair price top me, anyway can't wait to have them match the bike perfectly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Touch up direct dot com or amazon. Just google Victory touch up paint.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts