Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man these look so much better once there painted. I was really surprised as well at how much they still light up, very easy to see in the daylight still.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is sweet. Looks really good.Nice job. Is that Plasticoat or regular paint?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
What do they look like when they're working?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Digging the bike dude... Post a whole pic of it please.
I will post some pics this weekend for sure. Having it pinstriped by the guy that did my VTX.

What do they look like when they're working?
I was pleasantly surprised as even in the bright sunlight you can still easily see them and they still flash yellow. I painted them with the VHT Translucent paint.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Will you be doing the tail light too? Did you paint the trim ring around the head light? Love the look. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will you be doing the tail light too? Did you paint the trim ring around the head light? Love the look. Nice job!

No not going to do the taillight ( at this point anyway ) . I think it adds a little color and the pinstriping I am going to do will be maroon and black. The headlight ring came stock like that.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
No not going to do the taillight ( at this point anyway ) . I think it adds a little color and the pinstriping I am going to do will be maroon and black. The headlight ring came stock like that.
Good choice on the pin stripe colors. VHT seems to do a good job from the many who have used it. The Red tail light does not bother me either. Better to be seen than for someone to make the excuse that they couldn't see you because of the painted brake light.

·
Registered
352 Posts
very nice,looks great..cheers

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Looks GREAT! I saw this color combo in person a few weeks ago and thought it was awesome. I really dig the "stormtrooper" look (my car is white/blacked out). I agree on the rear, as the brake lights are a lot more important than the front turn signals for remaining conspicuous.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
wow! every thread i read lately is from an x vtx owner. we
must have all not moved up to a gold wing. i couldnt afford it
and it didnt fit me. glad to see all you cross bike people.
i love the look of your bike. cant wait to see the whole thing.
sometimes i wish i had gotten a fairing bike. keep up the good
work. they are never finished.

i didnt change dealers, just bikes.they sell honda,polaris, and
victory.they were one of the first vic dealers back when they
came out.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow! every thread i read lately is from an x vtx owner. we
must have all not moved up to a gold wing. i couldnt afford it
and it didnt fit me. glad to see all you cross bike people.
i love the look of your bike. cant wait to see the whole thing.
sometimes i wish i had gotten a fairing bike. keep up the good
work. they are never finished.

i didnt change dealers, just bikes.they sell honda,polaris, and
victory.they were one of the first vic dealers back when they
came out.
The VTX is a great bullet proof bike, as are most Honda's. The Goldwing just has way too much stuff / clutter for me. I also don't like the frame mounted fairings. In my opinion they are also not set up for taller riders. Unless my feet were on the pegs on the hwy bars I felt like I was sitting in a kindergarten chair. The Goldwing is a great bike for that market just not for me.

I had my VTX for 6 years ( my 6th bike ) and put a lot into it. I was just ready for more wind protection and a radio. Now I have another bike to start personalizing.

Here is a pic of my 1300 when I sold it:

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Digging the bike dude... Post a whole pic of it please.

Me too

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, HMD Wicked bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks really nice, but I'm always paranoid of getting rear ended, so I'm inclined to leave the rears stock.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im digging the lack of reflectors.....Ive thought about doing that to my bike but have visions of scratched paint and a mess.....did they come off relatively easy?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im digging the lack of reflectors.....Ive thought about doing that to my bike but have visions of scratched paint and a mess.....did they come off relatively easy?
They come off real easy and look a whole lot better without them. Some people heat them up with a hair dryer but I just pull them off. Some will leave the tape residue and some won't. Just peel off the residue with your hands. You can then use WD-40 or Silicone Spray to remove the sticky residue film.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think removing the reflectors on these bikes are a must. They look so much better with them off.

I really like the painted turn signal look..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Blinkers (at least in my area) are a lot like safety vests construction workers use. People only see them if they are paying attention. If someone hit you due to a blinker it's because they weren't paying attention anyway. A blinker that size will not garner a distracted drivers attention. I usually use hand signals along with blinkers as well (but same goes for no one paying attention). My $.02 LOVE the blacked out look and will probably be my first mod on my new XC (since it is so cheap lol).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Man these look so much better once there painted. I was really surprised as well at how much they still light up, very easy to see in the daylight still.
That looks REALLY sharp. Nice job. Please post pics after you get the striping done. Thanks for sharing the pictures.thumb up

1 - 20 of 30 Posts