Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am new to the board and am hoping that this morning's discovery is as useful to you all as it was to me.

I discovered that if you leave the Pandora app running when you plus in the phone, you can control the tracks from the handlebars and the song display shows what is playing just like iPod mode. I don't think you can change stations or thumbs up/down though!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orbiker, that's interesting! So you just walk up to the bike and start it, and the phone connects over bluetooth? HMMMMM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and ordered it, super cheap

·
Registered
827 Posts
Orbiker, that's interesting! So you just walk up to the bike and start it, and the phone connects over bluetooth? HMMMMM
Yep
You cannot do a phone call but the music will pause for a second or 3.
Before I ride off into the sunset I will start Pandora and make sure it's paired.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was just looking at your trips, orbiker. That's awesome! The rocky mountain ride especially

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just received one of these cheap $10 Dokksters in the mail today.

http://dokkster.com/

I confirm what the others have said that only volume from the handle bar controls work, and the display just shows AUX. Still not a bad option if I'm using my phone as a GPS, and still want to hear my mp3 music or Pandora.

But the funny thing about this product - right on their website they show it working with a Bose SoundDock (which I figured I could use this for as a backup in the house in case it didn't work well on the bike). Well guess what - Bose has some protective proprietary BS on their devices that won't let generic bluetooth items like this work with them. Then on the packaging of this Dokkster item I received, it says right on it - "May not be compatible with certain brands and models of speaker docks that use proprietary technology"

HaHa - what BS. They don't say this anywhere on their website though, just on the actual packaging it comes in.

Oh well, you get what you pay for. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts