Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I need to buy the cam cover on my Highball. I just notice a scratch on cover and it's driving me crazy! It is not the part that says 6 Speed but the black part of the engine that goes around the silver bit. I think they scratched it while putting the pipes on as it has been slightly touched up.

Anyone know what the best place to get that will be and how much? I am in the UK to so I am presuming it has to be ordered from the US as the local stealers here will have a field day on that item.

Hear from you soon!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hi guys, I need to buy the cam cover on my Highball. I just notice a scratch on cover and it's driving me crazy! It is not the part that says 6 Speed but the black part of the engine that goes around the silver bit. I think they scratched it while putting the pipes on as it has been slightly touched up.

Anyone know what the best place to get that will be and how much? I am in the UK to so I am presuming it has to be ordered from the US as the local stealers here will have a field day on that item.

Hear from you soon!
It's black, no? Find a Sharpie at the local office supply store and be done with it. Fer cryin out loud, it's a vehicle be ridden hard and put away wet, right? If anyone but you bellyaches, let'em know it's character. Christ, guitar makers these day charge a fortune to beat new guitars before they put them on sale. That makes a ding free bike almost blasphemey!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's fairly bad mate. Several big scratches. I want my HB to look its best! :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
For what it's worth-I noticed that I couldn't get that cover off without some fairly serious dismantling of the heat shield- at best. (I have the bows) That bottom bolt is very obstructed. Getting the shields out of the way might still not be enough. I would have to initially agree with the touch up suggestions, but it's not my bike.

If they buggered your bike- make them fix it !

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can't see where the scratch is .......

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That photo is isn't of my bike. It was just so you could see the part. The previous iwner did the scratching so I can't do anything there. I will get a photo of my bike so you can see.

·
13,239 Posts
black paint is cheaper then new part.

New p/n 5135471-521
COVER-CAM DRIVE,MACH,BLK

$95.99

1 - 8 of 8 Posts