Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a PGR mission today, and for the second time someone told me "He heard" you can't get parts for a Victory over 10 years old.
Fact or fiction? HD rider BS?

I do have a friend that has an independent MC repair shop who couldn't get fork tubes for a 99 V92. He found them from an after market supplier.
My friend also doesn't like Polaris because they will not sell him parts wholesale, so he can make a profit on them. He says the parts cost him the same as if I was to go to the dealer and buy them myself.

My '04 V92TC is a great bike, and so far hasn't needed any parts, but the day will surely come.
Opinions? Experiences?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Well, from what I understand, that is true about most of the V92 C models. I would suspect now that they have discontinued the Kingpin, that they will no longer support it either.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I never tried buying anything from the dealer, I would think some parts
are still available. as far as accessories go Ebay is about the only place. Some Victory aftermarket company's has limited items.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Try to get parts specific to an eleven year old Harley from a HD dealer.

Pot meet kettle.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
My take from the forums and experience would be some true but mostly not. First, limited production before 2002 and the 2nd gen redesign came leaves a 4yr engine and a lot of bit pcs behind. Bike pick and pull, old OEM shelves and ebay or commercial equivalents I think filled about everyone's request except for something like a new rack or seat. 2002-2006 looks pretty well covered minus that TB boot that goes to the cans. I know chasing that has sucked for 2 riders. As for after market? Well heck that's what we look for today right?

Longest wait I have had on my 04TC was the OD pulley. Front TS were coming apart and went for modding them vs OEM. There might be some specifics out there but I doubt in any qty that would stop anyone wanting a good dependable ride that doesn't break the bank just to get it in the garage. I may still own a HD one day but my main ride will always be a VIC!

·
Registered
813 Posts
You will be hard pressed to find a twin cam in a 99. Some of the 2000 models still had the evo in them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
The Twin Cam was introduced September of 1988. The first model year was 1999. I know, I owned one. I wasn't hard pressed to buy one. Quite a few customers bought them. Came out as a 88CI engine.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a 99 Softail standard and a 2000 fatboy setting in my garage that belong to my friend and both of them are evo's. from what I understand the twin cam was offered as an upgrade in 99 and came on the touring bikes in both 99 and all bikes 2nd half of the year of 2000. I have had to work on both of these things enough. They just don't like to stay sealed of leaks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts