Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Parts Available

12K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  NAB 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm sure I'm not the first to ask but I couldn't find what I'm asking.
Is anyone concerned about parts becoming less and less available or has people felt that parts have all ready became harder to source?

I'm not a Victory owner as of yet but really interested in the CC line.

Thx

#2 ·
I bought mine two years ago with no concerns. I've bought several brand new parts from Polaris. Models in production at closing time will still have parts available but expect them to be non painted and such as time goes on. Accessories on the other hand you are stuck with only used or the few aftermarket things still available. So it's good to try finding a bike with most stuff you want on it.

Reactions: G-Rover
#3 ·
I bought my third Victory last year (a 2014 CC 8-ball), without regret or apprehension. These three bikes have been the best I've ever owned. Some parts are a challenge to find (like the kit to add on cruise control), but I've yet to find a part that I needed on any of the bikes that I wasn't eventually able to acquire. Sometimes the hunt was more involved than others, but not ever crippling. All the really mechanically essential parts are pretty easily obtainable. The aftermarket for the bikes is definitely drying up, though.

The bikes are so well engineered that for the most part, they just run. And run, and run...

As @IndyVictory says, though, it's probably best to buy one that's relatively close to the end state you want :)

#4 ·
Yes, I bought one from less than an hour from my house. I could have saved a little money going three states away but it was worth it to me to go local. I did go to local dealer and sit on them there before I met the guy at his house. Met him he encouraged me to go for a ride so rode around the country block. He followed me to bank got the check and title signed over. I didn't have a ride to get over to pick it up so he got one last ride delivering it to my driveway with his wife following behind. Nice guy. :)

The cross country is easy to work on and uses much of the same parts as my Honda VTX. I use same oil and filter. Same wheel bearings. I expect many years out of this before I get the itch for something different.

One thing too there is a decent used parts market so even if the new stuff from Polaris goes away we should be able to keep fixing them up and stay on the road. Vic Werks on Facebook is one. There are others on eBay.

I would be cautious of buying older models. The 92 and 100 have zero support from Polaris. Only used parts and several parts you will not get at all. The models like cross country were still in production at shutdown are the only ones subject to the 10 year thing.

I do suggest getting a bike with the iPod cable. Some people sell that off. On a tour it's in left front lower. On a non tour it's in saddlebag. Seamless integration with factory radio. Good enough for many of us. Turn key music comes on and ride. :)

#5 ·
So is sounding like the CC line will be fine to move forward on. I typically keep a bike for 3-5 years and I would be able to purchase direct from Polaris. My fear lies in the fact the parts will dry up and so will the resale, might not even be able to sell the bike. After market drying up.... that's concerning as well, as I enjoy the build.

Thanks guys

#6 ·
If you're buying for resale value, I think you're after the wrong bike. If you're after enjoying the hell out of riding it, then you're after the right one.

Personally, I don't give a crap about resale value on this thing. I'll ride it until the wheels fall off, and then I'll go buy whatever motorcycle strikes my fancy at that point. With how reliable the Victory bikes are, though, I expect I'll have this thing for a long, long time.

#7 ·
Ditto. I know I'll have more bikes but I like this one for now and it should last me several years. Maybe a paint job someday but I do like the sunset red color.

Reactions: 541RF and otab
#10 ·
I have 2011 Cross Country ( XC ) and it's the 4th Victory I have owned. I have been riding Victory's for 16 years. I had a few problems with a 2004 Touring Cruiser. The other 3 just standard maintenance. There are several pinned threads on the site with aftermarket parts. The Cross bikes are the most popular scooter that Victory made and I see them on the road around here daily. I have not heard of anyone having any problems finding parts. Victory has never had any resale value. I stayed with them because they have been maintenance free and the handle so well. I am extremely disappointed in Polaris for dropping the Victory line. It is the best motorcycle I have ever owned or rode.

Reactions: otab
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.