Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested, COpart has a 2014 Indian Chieftain up on the salvage auction. Front end damage...engine looks fine.

INDI CHIEFTAIN

·
Premium Member
13,287 Posts
That's a heck of a deal even at $5k for the "Buy it Now" price. There's no way to know if the frame is okay but if it is; this could be turned into a fun and unique custom with, say, a springer front end. Chop some of that back fender off to make it lean and mean. Heck; put it all in a new and different frame altogether.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
It's just begging for someone to play with it...

·
13,033 Posts
Retail Value is 24k repair cost 25k Yikes
If frame is bent that would not be good or even finding parts. Not a good buy in my book

·
Premium Member
13,287 Posts
Retail Value is 24k repair cost 25k Yikes
If frame is bent that would not be good or even finding parts. Not a good buy in my book
Do you know if the Indian frames come in pieces like the Victory cast frames? If only one section is bent; it can be replaced. Might take a while to get it from Polaris though.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Could put the engine in an old Santee rigid frame or similar.
Build a cool rat.

·
Premium Member
6,139 Posts
Frame / fenders / fork / rim
All from Harley .... That would cut the cost into HALF of any estimated budget ....

TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
There was a Chief listed on eBay a couple weeks ago for 9800. Had a cracked fairing, saddlebag and some paint flaws. Auction was ended early do I'm assuming someone made them a pretty good deal/offer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts