Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at backrest for my Vegas and the more I look the more confused I get. I have found several different parts no# but the back rest and brackets all look the same. Some state that they're for 03-06, 06-10 and others state 03-10 models. By looking at them in photos I can't see any difference in them. Some even state that they will fit KP models 04-10 as well. So whats up with the different Victory parts numbers on what seems to be the same part???

·
Registered
243 Posts
what ive noticed is the vegas and kingpin models share alot of the same body parts, you still have to double check, the vegas jackpot because of the wider rear tire/suspension shares some components with the hammer, the 100 ci seems the same on vegas & kingpin the vegas jackpot & hammer have different cams & pistons / compression ? anyone else correct me where im wrong, at any rate it still boils down to be sure befor buying, especially if you can't return the item if its wrong.

steve

·
Registered
243 Posts
the only diff i know of between the vegas and the vegas low, the vegas low has stitching horizontially across the lower rear of the seat where the vegas does not, also i believe the low is a tad lower, meaning less filling ?

hope this helps

steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I guess I'd better start looking for the correct part no# only. I've only been looking at the design of the backrest and bracket and not really thinking about seat texture and color match. I guess that goes to show you the best price isn't always the best way to go.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Actually the Vegas Low seat is also a little more narrow than the standard Vegas seat. It is narrowed along with the side covers. If you were to put the Low seat on a standard Vegas the side covers would be sticking out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts