Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting the passenger arm rests for my 14 XCT. My 9 year old son is asking for them because he says it makes him feel safer. The question I have is, how sturdy are they? Looking at the pictures I am wondering, can the passenger put any pressure on them without breaking them? They don’t look very sturdy but looks are sometimes deceiving. Also I have read some things about them swinging out by themselves. Is there a long that will lock them in place or will this be an issue even if I don’t have a passenger?

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Dad has these on his bike for my Mom and she seems to really like them. I find them exceptionally sturdy up and down. As for swinging to the side by them selves all they really do is snap in place to hold them I know they have never had any issues with them swinging out by themselves. they are also very easily removed when you dont want them on.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I had the passenger armrests on and removed them and put the handholds on, that's what the boss wanted (I live with fear everyday and sometimes she lets me ride). With that said, the armrests are sturdy as Hamr S stated, however, they do move/swing out with the slightest of pressure, so much so I use to have to put a small bungee between the arms to stop them from swinging on turns. And as Hamr S also said they come off right quick (I believe a total of 4 or 6 easy accessible bolts). Is it an extra safety feature, maybe, but IMHO I don't see it. I believe its just a comfort accessory for the passenger. However, anyone who rode on the bike when the armrests were on, felt safer! Perception is 90% of the game. If it makes your 9 year old feel good, its worth every penny!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts