Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a back rest that will work with stock mounting and rear rack that doesnt wrap around the passenger and lean back as far?
My GF hates the way it feels on her sides and back.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have that exact backrest. It's pricy (it's Kury so it's expected), but it is hands down the most comfortable backrest I have seen. The pad is REALLY wide and offers good support.

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
I recall seeing a post on this forum where someone modified their Victory backrest to have less backward lean by bending the mounting arms. That would not have helped with the wideness of the pad, but might give some comfort to your passenger without having to shell out more bucks. Personally my passenger tells me she really likes the width of it, and the angle, if anything she wishes it could be a little higher like the tour pack backrest we had on our last bike, but no matter how much I gun my throttle or hot-dog around she always feels secure with that big thing behind her...and I love how easy it goes on and off so I can slim down the bike's appearance when riding solo.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Been riding with the tour pack since bike was new. Finally took it off as I found it always made the bike feel top heavy and it even caused me to drop the bike once on a tilted gravel parking lot. Wow, what a difference. Ordered the OEM passenger back rest for the wife. I hope she doesn't have an issue with it or I'll visit an upholstery shop for a fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts