Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at putting a passenger backrest on my 04 vegas. I have the touring passenger seat on the back and it has holes on the back edge that I think part of the backrest mounts to. My question is, will the kingpin backrest fit? I like the kingpin part better because it's taller. I think the part number for the kingpin is 2683426 and the one for the vegas is 2683533. When I look at the picture of the parts they look the same other than the height and shape of the pad. I know my passenger seat has the four screw mounting holes on the bottom and the two on the back edge will pickup the other two. I just don't know about the spacing of the holes. Anyone have either of these?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
touring backrest

i just purchased and installed the taller backrest for the 03 vegas. the dealer showed me that the part #'s for the short and the tall will fit both the vegas and the kingpin 03 to 2011. and that was per his accessories catalog.

i dont recall the part numbers at the moment but i can find them after work if needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
2874587 Backrest, '04-10 KP think this is the one you are talking about, be careful on line up as I had to bend the internal seat female bracket down to avoid crossthreading and still screwed one up. But they are American (1/4 x 20 I think - used Grade 5 bolts and went in easy after thread cleanup).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Polaris part #'s

http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/Pages/Detail.aspx?ItemID=2874587(PolarisPGACatalog)&prevfitment=2874587

the link is to the actual part i purchased for my 03 Vegas. the bracket under the passenger seat that this bolts to is the same for vegas and kingpin models. thats what the guy showed me in the book. i bought it and installed it... without any threading/ fitment issues. went on like it belonged.

the part #'s you supplied above do not come up on the polaris site...

hope it helps.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the kingpin one on my '09 Vegas.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm looking at putting a passenger backrest on my 04 vegas. I have the touring passenger seat on the back and it has holes on the back edge that I think part of the backrest mounts to. My question is, will the kingpin backrest fit? I like the kingpin part better because it's taller. I think the part number for the kingpin is 2683426 and the one for the vegas is 2683533. When I look at the picture of the parts they look the same other than the height and shape of the pad. I know my passenger seat has the four screw mounting holes on the bottom and the two on the back edge will pickup the other two. I just don't know about the spacing of the holes. Anyone have either of these?

Thanks
My passenger seat only has the four holes in the bottom and no holes on the back edge. Can I still mount this type of backrest?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts